8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Empire Strikes Back Cineavision scope full length feature for sale on ebay (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Empire Strikes Back Cineavision scope full length feature for sale on ebay
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted March 30, 2012 07:21 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I believe all films will fade eventually. Only the matter how fast it goes. I have films on AGFA (Derann print to be noted) that is now fade. Dont have experience with LPP yet just considering the company itself call it LOW fade not NO Fade stock [Smile]

Cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 30, 2012 01:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY! Happy update!

I just purchased a "Flip" brand Ultra HD video camera, (boy! that thing is tiny!), and I will ateempt in the next day or two to shoot a video of the "Hoth Battle" sequence. That ought to do!

Now, I don't know how to do a link for the video to an auction. Alan ... can you provide some help, as you have obviously had experience with this kind of thing?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 30, 2012 01:41 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi, I have done this before. Its a great way to show off your print on ebay. I would be happy to show you how to do it. Not very hard.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 31, 2012 12:27 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm a little annoyed ...

I shot about 45 seconds from the "Hoth Attack" sequence, and it's obviously that this "Flip" phone isn't designed to photograph a super 8 film in the dark. The image is plenty bright and in focus, but the color is really lacking in the video footage and of course, you can't adjust "color drive" on a super 8 print. The print has gorgeous blues, facial tones, ect. This print on the video looks terribly faded, with almost no rich blues and other colors, so I'm really debating whether I should put the video up! The last thing I want to do is actually mis-represent the print!

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 31, 2012 01:08 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you just take some screenshots????

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 02, 2012 12:42 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a digital camera, but it doesn't have a function to adjust the color settings to allow for night time shooting from a projected image. (well, at least I haven't figured them out if they exist). I'll have a second look at it. It's a "Kodak Vision" moel camera.

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2012 01:09 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really have any trouble with screen shots...even with my crappy cell phone. Most of the time my issues are with sharpness due to the moving images.

Bill [Smile]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 02, 2012 01:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sharpness "taint" the problem, it's the color representation, as any print loses a lot of it's value for resale when it has color loss, so you see my probelm with, for instance, the video I shot with my new camera, which makes the print look terribly faded.

Do we have some way of sharing video on this forum, or would I have to load it up on you tube and then make a link?

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2012 01:31 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I meant the pictures I take (with no adjustments) represent the color of the print, they are sometimes fuzzy thats all.

Bill [Smile]

WOW 500 posts!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 02, 2012 01:49 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not stick a couple shots up here first and I'm sure there will be some who can advise you whether or not they're OK.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 03, 2012 01:07 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Bill! [Smile]

Welcome the happy bunch of us with a mis-spent life! Hahahaha!

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC