8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8mm films (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Super 8mm films
Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2012 08:37 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert,
I don't know if your friend can mail across the water to Australia but I am on the lookout for both Oh Mr Porter and When Comedy was King.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 01, 2012 08:59 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan, the guy who collect from Trevor is friend of friend. I don't think it is appropriate now for me to ask him mailing out some films, where he needs to dig out from the boxes.

Sorry, nothing I can do now.

--------------------
Winbert

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2012 09:00 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's fair enough Winbert. It's a shame I no longer live in Auckland. I could have helped out [Wink]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 01, 2012 09:11 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be in Fiji too. If I were there I would fly my self to Auckland to collect the films. So I would have screened the films now... [Razz]

--------------------
Winbert

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2012 09:27 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Fiji, Winbert! I have been there 3 times.

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2012 07:35 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that you are retiring from the collecting Hobby Trevor. I have to say that when I was looking for the small opitcal mirror for my ST1200 (it had a small crack across it) Trevor had a new old stock one, sold it to me at an excellent price and shipped from NZ to the UK. Thank you Trevor, you are a gentleman through and through.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted December 03, 2012 09:05 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a trip and go get them! [Wink]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 03, 2012 12:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was looking for the small opitcal mirror for my ST1200 (it had a small crack across it)
Isn't that the glass has always that crack? as it is meant to distribute the bulb heat when we are projecting one frame.

--------------------
Winbert

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 20, 2014 01:49 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys...after 2 years, I finally reunited with my purchase.

It could be this long because sending them to Canada would cost me a fortune. So at that time I put aside this option.

Meanwhile I have now moved to Indonesia from Canada, so I have to wait for my friend in Wellington (NZ) to return to Indonesia.

So this is what I got today:

-

Indeed, Trevor sold me 35 titles, but while they were waiting to be united with me, I have sold some films that I already had in my collection. So I now only received few films from the initial list.

Some of the films are traveling to UK, Norway, Germany, USA, Australia, Luxemburg, and the rest now in Indonesia. Some of the buyers were members here too.

What I got from Trevor and their status now is as follows (probably Trevor can follow where his films are now):

1 Donald’s Dilema 1 x 400'Color (SOLD to Norway)
2 Frenzy 1 x 400'Color (SOLD to Norway)
3 Little Miss Marker 1 x 600’ Color (in my collection)
4 Meteor 1 x 1200'Color ((SOLD to UK)
5 Naked truth 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to Luxemburg)
6 Smokey and the Bandit 1 x 800’ Color (SOLD to Norway)
7 Genevieve 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to Luxemburg)
8 The Many adventures of Winnie Pooh 1 x 400' Color (SOLD to Norway)
9 The Sting 1 x 600’ Color (SOLD to Germany)
10 7 Brides for 7 Bros 1 x 800’ Color (SOLD to Germany)
11 Caravan to Vaccares 1 x 800’ Color (SOLD to Norway)
12 Mutiny on the bounty 2 x 600’ Color (SOLD to UK)
13 Treasure of Sierra Madre 1 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to USA)
14 Blues bros 1 x 600’ Color (in my collection)
15 Mad mad mad world 1 x 800’ Color (in my collection)
16 Zhivago 1 x 1200’ Color (SOLD to UK)
17 High Society 1 x 800’ Color (SOLD to USA)
18 Water Babies 1 x 600’ Color (in my collection)
19 Ten commandments 1 x 800’ Color (SOLD to USA)
20 Titfield Thunderbolt 1 x 1200' Color (in my collection)
21 Dirty dozen 3 x 400’ Color (SOLD to Norway)
22 When 8 bells Toll (in my collection)
23 Heroes of Telemark 2 x 800’ Color (in my collection)
24 Oh Mr porter 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to Luxemburg)
25 Love Match 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to UK)
26 That's Entertainment 3 x 800’ B/W (in my collection)
27 Band Waggon 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to UK)
28 39 steps 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to UK)
29 Up in the World 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to UK)
30 Above us the Waves 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to UK)
31 When Comedy was King 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to Australia)
32 The Chiltern 100s 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to UK)
33 Sailor Beware! 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to UK)
34 Gasbags 2 x 800’ B/W (SOLD to UK)
35 Doctor in the House 2 x 800’ B/W (in my collection)

It is quite tiring to get these films united with me because my friend lived in the capital of NZ, Wellington so I had to have a connection in Auckland where Trevor lived, which I did not. Due to his situation at that time, Trevor would not post films anywhere, even domestically.

So what I did was randomly shouting in several overseas Indonesian mailing lists/forums to get someone in Auckland to meet Trevor. Lucky, I met with someone who we could make an arrangement how to pick up film from Trevor, and how to sell some of them. We shared the money.

The rest of film I personally pick was shipped to Wellington where my friend was there, and she brought them back to Indonesia this week,...and voila!

I got my films now, I got also money to recover all this process, even some extras.... ! [Wink]

So happy screening to me ....

--------------------
Winbert

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2014 05:10 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow that's a long time, but worth the wait I hope.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 23, 2014 07:22 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

I get used with waiting that long. I have tens films at home that I have not even projected. While getting the films I order right away will always create high shipping cost due to my location that always changing as I am working as a foreign service officer. More over getting them straight away will make the projecting queue line even longer.. [Big Grin] [Razz]

On the other hands, working as a foreign service officer bring also a benefit since I have many friends around the globe that I can ask to keep my film purchase and bring them back home at almost no cost... one day... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Winbert

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2014 07:51 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was an amazing thread to read. It could be a film in itself.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 25, 2014 06:46 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you suggest for the genre, Clay? Thriller, Suspense, Romance, Drama, Comedy or Adventure? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Winbert

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2014 08:23 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mostly a film noir thriller but I think it could have a little of everything. Maybe also a cameo of Hope and Crosby passing by in a boat on their way to Bali. We'll need someone to play the Peter Lorre part.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 28, 2014 02:08 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll do it

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 28, 2014 04:45 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty would make a great Peter Lorre. I can't do it as I'm booked for three features next year.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC