8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED: Lucky Dog

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED: Lucky Dog
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 10:20 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8 print of LUCKY DOG (Glenn Photo) - Thanks, from Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 10:47 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, with all due respect, lately you often used a vague subject like "WANTED" or "Anyone know... ".

This is quite confusing and also create unnecessary traffic as a result of people clicking on the title but find it is not what they are looking for. Server can suffer with this type of posts, especially if more and more members are doing the same.

This is why in RULES AND POLICIES of this forum stating that it is forbidden to that:

quote:
RULE #7: Teaser subject headers; starting a new topic.
Do not use "teaser" subject headers. Headers such as "You are not going to believe this" and "Can someone help me with..." are aggravating to members since they do not tell what the subject of the thread is without clicking on it. Such titles could not possibly be any less helpful to members trying to navigate topics of interest to them. Therefore, please use common sense when titling new discussions and make sure they are descriptive. Be forewarned that threads with "teaser" titles may be closed or deleted without notification. To edit a thread title, you may edit the first post in the thread.

Please see this as a friendly advise.

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 12:52 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't know how to eliminate it (unless someone else does) - Looking for a print of the short is all

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 01:13 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can always back to your first post to edit using the Edit button and change the subject to become "Wanted: Super 8 print of LUCKY DOG"

Edit button can be found here:

-

Give a try!

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 01:22 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried, but nothing was erased

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 01:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I don't know if different computer or browser give different result, but in my computer I can do that.

Here is the screen shot after I clicked on the edit button:

-

The one I circled red is the subject box where we can edit and change the title.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 01:57 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, I think it was pretty obvious before even opening the thread that Shorty would be after a film. Why the big deal, Winbert??

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, don't you read my first post above that RULES AND POLICIES in this forum forbid what Joe was doing.

Are you encouraging us, as members, to disobey the rules?

GEEEZ.... [Confused]

--------------------
Winbert

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 02:17 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you encouraging us, as members, to disobey the rules?
Yep...anarchy is what I like... [Wink]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 03:34 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can't remove it or so, best if someone else can, but if that is done, I'll have to re-word it so my wanted request is still there

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 03:48 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,carry on as normal,we all know it'll be a B/W classic of some
sort being chased.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 04:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just 'Lucky Dog', that and a Blackhawk of Flying Elephants

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 05:25 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Whose up for a bit of anarchy then? The only rules I ever take
note of have numbers on 'em.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2013 05:52 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LUCKY DOG was just asked for a mere 6 days ago:

LUCKY DOG

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 16, 2013 06:15 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh... C'mon Shorty!

You can just bump that thread to get an attention. No need to open another thread for the same topic.

It is creating unnecessary traffic. Remember we are here as free members so save the bandwidth! Different case if we are paying a fee!

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 16, 2013 08:31 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problems here.....I've changed Shorty's thread title to include the fortunate canine in question.
I think vague titles do a disservice to both the collector who wants a particular film and the potential seller who has that film. A topic should be understood by a quick glance at the title. If you want to buy or sell one film, list it in the topic. If several films are involved, "films wanted" or "films for sale" is fine.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 17, 2013 06:17 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what you said

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted January 17, 2013 06:46 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm as guilty Joe,because some of the titles are so long it just
wouldn't fit in the box.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2013 06:58 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for showing the rules on that Winbert & Doug. And it really makes perfect sense.

Its just a courtesy thing Joe. We still love ya! [Smile]

James.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 17, 2013 09:01 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love ya is nice, but how about the shorts I need?

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2013 10:18 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll keep an eye out for you Shorty. You never know.

James.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted January 17, 2013 10:42 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty

I have a pair of shorts you can have! [Wink]

PatD

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 17, 2013 10:47 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was waiting to hear that one

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 17, 2013 08:24 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess if one was looking for "The Saga of the Viking Women and Their Voyage to the Waters of the Great Sea Serpent" that might not work to well.

Back on topic.....Lucky Dog, anyone?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2013 01:04 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly Shorty that is one of the only Laurel and Hardy's I am not ready to part with

What Films did you show last night?

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC