8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Large amount of super 8 films for sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Large amount of super 8 films for sale
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2013 03:52 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my collection for sale. Why am I selling? I have a new car project that needs funding so reluctantly Im getting out of film collecting for the time being. So, I'm testing the water to see if the following films may sell.
Please consider the films as used, and of average condition. Some are great , ie the Marketing films, and some have gone Red. Consider the prices as a guide to condition, and please assume only average condition. 90% are in their original boxes/cases.
Any way here is the list:

1 X 200:

Escape from Astragard col/snd £8
Match of the Century BW/Snd £8
Whistle while you work Col/Snd £10
Duel of the Wizards Col/Snd £10
I wanna be like you Col/Snd £10

King Kong BW/Snd £10
Piccadily Panther Col/Snd £8

Tom and Jerry 1x200' films
Jerry and the Goldfish Col/Snd £15
Tennis Chumps Col/Snd £15
Cat Fishin Col/Snd £15
Posse Cat Col/Snd £15
Saturday Evening Puss Col/Snd £15
Dr Jekyll and Mr Mouse Col/Snd £15

1x 400'

Jaws 2 Col/Snd £15
Close Encounters Col/Snd £15
Psycho BW/Snd £20
Earthquake Col/Snd £15
Airport Col/Snd £15
Alien Col/Snd £15
Anchors Aweigh Col/Snd £12
Genevieve BW/Snd £15
The Caine Mutiny Col/Snd £12
Airport 75 Col/Snd £15
Laurel &Hardy Live Ghost BW/Snd £20
Raiders of the Lost Ark Col/Snd £30
When Worlds Collide Col/Snd £25
Crack in the World Col/Snd £25

2x 400':

Laurel and Hardy Beau Chumps BW/Snd £30
Sugarland Express Col/Snd £25
The Hindenburg Col/Snd £25
The Time Machine Col/Snd £30 (last reels of film)
The Great Escape (SCOPE) Col/Snd £40
Jaws Col/Snd £40
Star Wars Col/Snd £50
Empire Strikes Back Col/Snd £50
The Deep (German sound RARE version) Col/Snd £20
Gold (SCOPE)Col/Snd £25
Animal House (600' spool) Col/Snd £20

3x 400':

The Towering Inferno (800' reel and case) Col/Snd £60
Norman Wisdom Up in the World BW/Snd £35 (not sure if this is all the film..please advise, as Ive only watched reel1)
55 Days in Peking Col/Snd £20 (not complete)
Mighty Joe Young BW/Snd £25 (not complete)
Road to Bali Col/Snd £45
Laurel and Hardy Jailbirds BW/Snd £60
Laurel and Hardy Fraternally Yours BW/Snd £60

Features:

Laurel and Hardy Flying Dueces 4x400 BW/Snd £80
The Dambusters 4x400 BW/snd £80
Red River Valley 4x400 BW/Snd £45
Last Train From GunHill 4x400 Col/Snd £50
Blood and Sand 6x600' Col/Snd £50
The Four Muskateers 4x600' Col/Optical snd £50
Bundle Of Joy 2x1200' Col/Snd £50
Genevieve 2 x600' BW/Snd £50
The Go Between 2x1200 Col/Optical Snd £45
GI Blues 4x600' Col/Snd £60
Shout at the Devil. 2x600' 1x800' Col/snd.£50

If you are interested in any please PM me. Please allow me some time to answer your kind messages (who knows I may be inundated) The films are for sale elsewhere.
I am happy to post out side the UK, with costs of postage added.
Thank you for looking and happy to answer any questions etc.
Please note I have now sold my GS so I cannot preview the above films as I used to.
Cheers

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 11, 2013 05:16 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark

I will buy Raiders Of The Lost Ark!

PatD

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2013 05:25 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Mark,

I'll buy

Jaws 2 Col/Snd £15
Close Encounters Col/Snd £15
Alien Col/Snd £15
Shout at the Devil. 2x600' 1x800' Col/snd.£50
Bundle Of Joy 2x1200' Col/Snd £50

SENT YOU PM

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2013 08:01 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys, at present some one has offered on the whole lot. Please watch this space for updates. Thank you for your kind offers, trust I am not inconveniencing you. Cheers

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 05:43 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That person was a time waster, his offer was insultingly low.

I am slowly working through all the emails I have received. Please remember that these are old prints, not viewed in a very long time, they should be viewable fine but some (you know which ones) may have tinged red etc) I have sniffed them , and much as my sense of smell is awful, I cannot detect any vinegar wafts. Thank you

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 06:08 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sent you a reply via PM

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 06:24 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
how were these films stored,was the climate hot or stored in attac?

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 12, 2013 06:34 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM Sent, thank you

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 06:44 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian
They have always been stored upright on shelves in my place of work which is at a constant temperature.
Thanks
Mark

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 11:01 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mark,
i would like "the time machine" if it hasnt gone.

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 13, 2013 04:37 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Folks, just a heads up, am working through the emails. Some films have gone with quick payments. For my US cousins postage is proving very high, and in all honesty doesnt justify the cost of the films etc.
Doing my best, and thank you all for your very kind interest and understanding.

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2013 05:47 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IMPORTANT
Reluctantly I have decided not to sell any of the films. I have had many many enquires and thank you for taking the time to do so but, I have been inundated with questions regarding the most miniscule of details regarding films, and it has had made me realise that I cannot accomodate those requests due to the very fact that my subjective opinion may differ from a buyers objective opinion. Basically I wouldnt want to sell a film that I thought was great, only to have the buyer upset at the quality, less then they assumed. Hope that makes sense? Its easier to sell kit than films for obvious reasons, so the films have been pulled from sale. One or two may end up on Ebay perhaps.

I do hope I have'nt caused too much inconvenience, and I do appreciate the rotteness of my actions but trust you good fellow cine hobbyists will understand.
Thank you for reading this.
Cheers to you all.
Mark

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2013 06:09 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, it’s interesting to hear you say that. I sold a number of films from my collection last year and I found the whole experience extremely stressful.

I answered all queries as honestly as I possibly could but still had people come back to me after the sale. One remarked that there was a tiny split on a vinyl case housing a complete feature. I hadn’t mentioned this split in my description, nor did it appear in the photos that I had diligently supplied of the case, as it was so small.

I chose not to reply…

I have quite a number of films I still want to sell on but am probably going to rent a table at the BFCC to do it so people can check what they are getting before they buy. Far less stress!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2013 06:24 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Mike, you hit the nail right on the spot...way too stressfull.
Cheers and good luck with your table sales, right move.

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 15, 2013 07:01 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fully understand Mark. Some people are just too picky. [Frown]

PatD

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 15, 2013 07:17 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can only speak from experience, and I might have been
lucky, but any films sold on this forum, the buyers sent emails
telling me how pleased they were with their purchases.A very
pleasant experience for both parties.

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2013 07:17 AM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
You made a wise choice,lots of good titles here ,keep and enjoy

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2013 07:20 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may be one of the "picky" buyers and just because star wars and the empire are rated here @ 50UKP each, Wanted to make sure its Ken films and dated on the leader December 1982.
If the title wee @ 15 UKP each, no Q's were asked.

Am I right here?

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2013 07:43 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Moshe
You certainly you were not picky and asked the most pertinent questions. I am sorry I could not trade with you.
And I must say I enjoyed our email exchange, best wishes to you.

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2013 08:00 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me too Mark.

Its always nice to meet a collector. esp. a nice one!

Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2013 07:14 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns         Edit/Delete Post 
I approach my film like food,if it smells bad I don't want it. I usually not too picky when it comes to food or film. I'll try anything

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC