8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Raiders of the Lost Ark super 8mm 400ft version

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Raiders of the Lost Ark super 8mm 400ft version
Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 08:40 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a question how much would you pay for a 400ft of indianajones as one on ebay now at £31 i bid up to 30 and got out bid not shure whether its worth more anyone got any views on it ,also is there a full feature release of this on 8mm ,thanks

|  IP: Logged

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 09:26 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a print of the Marketing Films release on 1X400ft reel of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for sale on Paul Foster's web site for £29.99. Imported Scope full feature prints were available some years ago with English sound but all the titles and credits were in German. They were nice prints though.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 09:43 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was Marking Films last release back in 1982 and has always seemed to sell for slightly a slightly inflated price.

I'd say £30.00 is probably a sensible maximum these days, although they do pop up quite often.

Opinion on the print quality varies here on the forum, although the several prints I've seen or owned have all been pretty good, although not brilliant; so seems different batches vary.

Some of the last batches released here have German title on the box, but do have English sound and titles.

The full length scope features of "Raiders" do have English credits.

Early full length prints can be found on polyester stock with Derann post stripe.

I believe a certain German lab may still be able to provide new prints of both "Raiders" and "Last Crusade"; a search on the forum will bring up quite a bit of history regarding these prints.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 09:48 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks paul have spoken to paul foster and its sold he said £30 is about the right price these days and that i was 3rd person today to ask about it ,nevermind i might see what that one on ebay goes for but not gonna go mad as shure another will turn up sometime .

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 10:01 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nigel, I noticed a copy in original box at last years Blackpool convention,

I think it was about £15.00 and it was attracting no attention.

Just goes to show, you just never know.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 01:42 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Some of the last batches released here have German title on the box, but do have English sound and titles.
Interesting, as my copy is this way. Still great color too.
I paid $54US about 5 years.

Cheers
Terry

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 14, 2014 03:30 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fact that it's the final Marketing release (I think, at least in terms of what was commonly available in the UK) adds to the value, plus the fact that it's probably the last film of the 1980s to be released as a 400' digest.

Another factor that added to the mystique was that it was rumoured that the release was delayed because Spielberg decided to personally approve - or get involved in - the editing. That sounds unlikely but I've never heard a conclusive statement on it. If anyone meets him, please ask!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2014 05:12 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Another factor that added to the mystique was that it was rumoured that the release was delayed because Spielberg decided to personally approve - or get involved in - the editing. That sounds unlikely but I've never heard a conclusive statement on it. If anyone meets him, please ask!
I heard this too from a Marketing Films employee from New York back in the day.

Next time I talk to Steven I'll be sure to ask. [Big Grin]

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2014 07:15 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes im going to blackpool this year so may get a bargain ,no point over paying to get one now ,i had one back in the day brand new from derann in the 80s but long sold on ,also heard a full feature from marketing was planned at the time but this never happened ,im shure a good one at the price will turn up soon.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2014 08:10 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I paid £25 for mine - nearly mint with very good colour and box in very good condition aswell. All leaders, no splices.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC