8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Derann Goldfinger LPP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann Goldfinger LPP
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2014 06:34 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ending tonight Goldfinger on eBay (screen shots just added) Includes first run Derann art work.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161345716225&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT[/B]

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 01, 2014 07:12 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had never sold mine. I will never own one again. And all I got for it was 350.00 a year ago. This one is going for a lot more. mine was also a Derann print. It was gorgeous.

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2014 08:13 PM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow I have never ever seen or owned a Derann print of any kind.
That print looks like it could pass for 16mm. The quality & colors and detail are just outstanding! Sorry Pat you had to sell your copy. When I become a millionaire I will buy you another one.

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2014 05:32 PM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just sold my excellent print for £360 on the forum, I can't believe how much the one on ebay sold for, £580!!!!!!

Peter Sandford
Junior

- posted July 02, 2014 05:36 PM      Profile for Peter Sandford   Email Peter Sandford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't believe how much the one on ebay sold for, £580!!!!!!
I've been watching it to try and gauge the price of features, was very interested to see how high this went.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 02, 2014 05:55 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who said there is no market anymore ?

--------------------
Dominique

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted July 02, 2014 07:37 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roger

When it comes to paying unexpected bills you do what has to be done. For me it was money sitting on the shelf. Thanks for your generous thought. I can only hope you strike it rich!

PatD

Roger Shunk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 10:48 AM      Profile for Roger Shunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Pat,
I've been there done that so I can relate! Can't believe that went for almost $1,000 US.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 11:04 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sold for the cost of 4 new captain America's would cost you today if purchased, and looking at the uploaded screen shots you can see why so many bid. The equivalent film to sell at this price would be star wars, but I have never seen an uploaded screen shot of the said movie as good as the Goldfinger ones, the best I have seen in a long time.

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 11:05 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that,s amaizing.the value a film can reach,and when a collector whish a certain film very badly,il pay any price,
i ,m glad to keep my goldfiger as a keeper for more several years
maybe i.ll sell it one day who knows,

luis caramelo

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 11:33 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's hope Robert actually gets his money, rather than some weird message about the buyer being suddenly taken into hospital...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 03, 2014 12:44 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now ... if he only had a copy of STAR WARS .... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2014 06:53 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The chap paid in full and will receive the print first thing in the morning.

Osi i do have Star Wars on Super 8 another first run release on kodak LPP. I hoping to acquire this on 35mm in the next month or so. So this will be next up on eBay.

I'm actually downsizing all my Super 8 Features as i don't have the time to show them anymore. The main reason for this is i mainly run and collect organise 35mm screenings.

I am trying to replace all 16mm counterparts for 35mm. So far i have been very successful in doing this with the Bonds Sean Connery and George Lazenby.

Would you believe i once had Dr No on super 8 optical sound (a cracking print) but the quality was as good if not better then Goldfinger. I since replaced this for a IB Tech 16mm print.

I also had two prints of OHMSS on super 8 in scope. I have since acquired an original spare studio copy in IB Tech on 35mm.

You could say it's been a labour of love in the 40 odd years i have been collecting.

[ July 04, 2014, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Robert Tucker ]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 04, 2014 04:04 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A little word of warning for those paying very high prices for Goldfinger and other Bonds. I've had a few of these over the years including the optical prints however, many optical prints were magnetic paste striped and recorded as well then sold as mag copies but you can of course easily spot the optical track by looking through the reverse side of the film. The problem is the quality of the paste stripe was not very good onto this particular film type (not LPP I should add) and does wear thin so it is worth asking the question when buying just in case. Worth mentioning.. [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 04, 2014 04:11 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
This wouldn't apply to the Derann prints of the Bonds though would it Lee? Wouldn't these just be on pre-striped stock given the era they were released in?
Also are most of the Derann Bond films on low fade stock?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 04, 2014 04:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One in particular I purchased from Derann direct at the time gave me my first taste of opt paste striped films and it came in the usual colour art boxes as well. It turned out to be a optical sound print but mag paste striped. If your paying top prices folks it worth double checking particularly if you are buying remotely. I'm no expert with the LPP Bonds Andrew others will know much more I am sure.

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2014 02:31 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well i have now acquired a print of Star Wars on 35mm which is a British IB Tech print. So i'm afraid my Derann Star Wars will be surplus to my requirements and will be up for sale.

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2014 11:02 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky! Would love to see that in Technicolor.

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2014 12:57 PM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, I sent you a PM.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC