8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Any ABBA on Super 8?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any ABBA on Super 8?
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 10, 2014 05:45 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one ABBA film on Super 8. The Cinemascope Trailer to "ABBA the Movie". Its really great picture quality with no fade and the sound is good too. I was wondering if anything else from ABBA made it on Super 8?

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 10, 2014 08:35 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That trailer was a nice Derann release. Unfortunately I don't think there was anything else - I've never heard of any Abba in any series of pop song releases from Europe, even though there hase been the occasional pop release from the same period.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2014 06:10 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 40 Minutes long Gig on Super 8 with Stereo Sound...great color and a lot great Hits from ABBA.
The Gig was 1979 in Germany
But it gives only this one piece

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 11, 2014 03:35 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow that sounds like a nice unique piece of film you have there Andreas!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2014 06:17 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was never anything made in U.K. from Top of the Pops or Old Grey Whistle Test on super 8? ABBA did WATERLOO on one of those shows and possibly it's on super 8?

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted August 11, 2014 06:54 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Andreas,
If you ever feel the need to move on that little gem.. you have a buyer! [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 12, 2014 04:07 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Make that two Alan! I saw it first Ha ha ha. [Wink]

--------------------

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2014 05:55 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have anyone Facebook?..i can make a clip and i can uploaded on Facebook.

Itīs a very rare one..it gives only this one .

600 feet long, color and Stereo Sound with Hits Dancing Queen, Waterloo and more

I search a lot of Prints on Super 8..and i would replace it!!

Firefox, Rollercoaster, Coal Minerīs Daughter (Universal 8 with Cover), Robin and Marian, Star wars, Dirty Harry (One), Jet Pilot

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 12, 2014 08:24 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Andreas I can provide you with a link for the Rollercoaster feature you are looking for if it is the Optical Sound feature you want.

It is on Kodak SP so it will more than likely now have some degree of fade but will otherwise be in excellent shape on 2x 800ft reels.

--------------------

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2014 02:36 PM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 10 years ago on ebay, someone in the USA was selling 6*400 foot reels of 1970s and 80s pop music films that had been used in jukeboxes. One of the films was Abba singing Summer Night City. Being juke box films they were out of sync, but I kick myself for not bidding on them as I could have recorded them. They went for $97.

Phil Slater
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2014 02:37 PM      Profile for Phil Slater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About 10 years ago on ebay, someone in the USA was selling 6*400 foot reels of 1970s and 80s pop music films that had been used in jukeboxes. One of the films was Abba singing Summer Night City. Being juke box films they were out of sync, but I kick myself for not bidding on them as I could have recorded them. They went for $97.

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2014 06:49 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes please give me Link

And great, Juke Box Film on Super 8 i have never see it!!
In germany gives a lot of Musicclips from UFA...Down Town and more..you can see it on this site: www.super-8-hobby.de
under Musik

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 13, 2014 04:22 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you a PM Andreas regarding the link

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2014 01:48 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andi - PM sent

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC