8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted Star Wars Derann or Cineavision

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted Star Wars Derann or Cineavision
Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2014 03:37 PM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Want to buy a MINT LPP SCOPE print of Star Wars 1977 (later named A New Hope)from Derann or Cineavision, it would be great with STEREO sound but mono will do. Shipping is to Bogota, Colombia. Any offers please send a PM with price and print information as number of reel, original box, audio track type, etc. If seller is in the US, shipping is to Miami, FL 33166.

[ October 02, 2014, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Julian Baquero ]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 04:07 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck Julian!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 16, 2014 11:42 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Julian ...

Just for your knowledge, for all intents and purposes, the Derann STAR WARS is CLOSE to the original 1977, but it's not the actual 1977 STAR WARS you saw in 1977. It's the re-issue print, probably from 1980 and on, after Lucas realized that he was going to be able to make the other two films in his original "trilogy", hence the "Episode 4: in the scroll at the beginning.

Now, though rare, THEE original 1977 was released on super 8 and on LPP film stock, in the "Cineavision' format as well, (I know as I have both STAR WARS scope prints), and the 1977 Cineavision STAR WARS indeed has only the STAR WARS title, followed immediately by "It is a period of Civil war ect ect"

However, the Cineavision print , while having good color, does not have the vibrant lovely color of the Derann STAR WARS release, so if your not "anal" (as I am) about having thee 1977 STAR WARS, the Derann 1980 version will do most nicely, and is far more available than the Cineavision STAR WARS 1977 scope version.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2014 02:43 PM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks OSI for the expert information. I saw sometime ago someone sold a Cineavision print on this website and posted images of the film, they looked pretty good but not as good as others I have seen from the Derann print. If someone has a Cineavision LPP print for sale out there I am equally interested in it, but as you have said the availability of this print is less than that of the Derann which would be my priority.

Julian Baquero
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2014 10:45 AM      Profile for Julian Baquero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BUMP... Anybody?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC