8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Empty 200 ft. super 8 reel needed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Empty 200 ft. super 8 reel needed
Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2014 07:32 AM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys and gals,
I wanted to see if anyone had an extra empty super 8 200 foot reel (preferably plastic)? I just received a Ken film "Good Old Corn" with the Keystone Kops that is on a reel that looks o.k., but the center hole was not formed correctly and it doesn't fit on the projector properly (it's very loose). I only need one and I'd be glad to pay for the postage. The ones on eBay I've seen seem a bit steep in price for a bit of plastic.
Thanks in advance!
-Tim [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 02, 2014 08:22 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim

Are you sure you don't need the adapter for the reel?

PatD

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted November 02, 2014 08:26 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have regular 8 reel if that's what you need

White plastic ones

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2014 09:26 AM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat,
I'm positive that I don't need an adapter. My projector is solely a super 8 and the film is a super 8. It's wierd because it's one of those common red plastic reels that Ken films come on and when placed next to another one that I have, the difference is barely noticeable, but it is ever so slightly mishapen and larger (like a defect).

Vidar,
I really appreciate that offer. I could always use a regular 8mm reel (just because by mistake I bought a regular 8mm film that's mounted on a metal super 8 reel) but I am sure that postage from Norway to the U.S. would be very high.

[ November 02, 2014, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Timothy Duncan ]

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2014 10:34 AM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries Tim. I have an extra plastic 200' Super 8 reel I can put in the mail to you on Monday.
- Clay

Timothy Duncan
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2014 11:24 AM      Profile for Timothy Duncan   Email Timothy Duncan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so very much Clay!

UPDATE 11/8/14: Clay got an empty reel to me very quickly and now the film is on the replacement reel (he's my pal!).

[ November 08, 2014, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Timothy Duncan ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC