8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Lady and the Tramp Super 8mm Feature Scope LPP-Sold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lady and the Tramp Super 8mm Feature Scope LPP-Sold
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 12, 2015 09:57 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have up for sale my cherished print of "Lady And The Tramp" on Super 8mm 3 x 600ft reels. Print is in very good condition and is printed on LPP stock. And a rarity, a Cinemascope Disney Print. This does not come up very often and I would prefer a member of this forum get it before I list it on Ebay.
$400 Free shipping in the USA. I will ship internationally.

[ February 12, 2015, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: Alan Rik ]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 12, 2015 02:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you message Rik [Wink]

Also do you have any screen shots for it Rik?

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 13, 2015 01:04 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some screenshots. Film is in very good condition. There is one splice in the middle of Reel 2. No frames are missing as I checked it with my Goko Editor frame by frame.
Color is fantastic, does not appear to have any wear, and the sound is in Stereo.
Brown Kodak Stripe.
 -
 -
 -
 -
Also forgot to add there is also a trailer for "Cinderella" in Scope Mono as well.
Looks great as well!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 13, 2015 04:14 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice print Rik, New pm sent.

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2015 12:47 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simply wonderful!

Hope you get it, Andrew! [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 20, 2015 03:12 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks Flavio!

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2015 06:03 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I did, and it was all thanks to the seller Alan Rik.
Had it not been for his assistance regarding the customs charges, it wouldn't have been at all possible to have shipped this print back to the UK from the States. It proves that it can be done without being fleeced for what are extortionately high rates of taxation when people start insuring these things in transit often beyond their actual value.

It proves that when there is trust between the two parties involved, coupled with a reliable tracked courier service, there is simply no need to add sky high insurance values to these goods.

So a huge thank you to the seller and also to Paul Adsett for providing me with a copy of some extra original artwork so I can replicate the Original Derann Box including the spine artwork.

I shall add a few more screen shots of this stunning print this evening and once again a huge thanks to all involved for making this possible for me. I am extremely grateful!

Here is my newly made box, almost as good as the original. Thanks Paul!

-

[ February 26, 2015, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 26, 2015 11:54 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! Glad that the print went to a fellow forum member!
Enjoy!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2015 01:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Along with all of my other Derann prints, It will be preserved and treasured Rik, I can assure you.

--------------------

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 26, 2015 03:20 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great Andrew, these beautiful prints deserve to be stored in a proper case like this, you done good man. Well done to Paul for providing the extra artwork, finishes them off as a collection nicely.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2015 04:26 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
This forum is simply invaluable for our hobby. What a fantastic group of people we have on here!

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 26, 2015 06:40 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Derann feature length scope print of Lady and the Tramp and the quality is stunning. Brilliant Technicolors, deep contrast, pin sharp throughout, and stereo sound. An absolute winner in all respects. Andrew will not be dissapointed.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted February 26, 2015 06:48 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it through today Paul for the very first time since being away from work.

As you quite rightly say, the quality of this print is simply stunning, up there with the very best of them!

I thought Madagascar or Mickeys Christmas Carol was the very best that I would ever see on the gauge, but this is right up there with them for colour perfection and sharpness.... Just beautiful and all I can say is nobody could appreciate it more than I do. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

This is the stuff I dreamed of in 1977 after watching "The Dapper Dalmatian" or "The Champ" with all their beautiful colour back in the day.

Oh for Jubilee Film Library all over again!!

Many thanks Rik, once again.. Just for good measure.

Love your last comment to Roger BTW Paul regarding the Music Box, Laughed my backside off!! Putting it politely [Wink]

--------------------

Lee Panton
Film Handler

- posted March 09, 2015 04:05 AM      Profile for Lee Panton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan your mail box is full so i can't send a reply.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC