8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED: Foolish Wives / Pandora's Box

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED: Foolish Wives / Pandora's Box
Bob Loehr
Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2015 03:31 PM      Profile for Bob Loehr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ November 17, 2015, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Bob Loehr ]

|  IP: Logged

Praveen Mulukutla
Junior

- posted May 29, 2015 05:51 AM      Profile for Praveen Mulukutla   Email Praveen Mulukutla   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Foolish Wives available with:-

http://8mm16mmfilmscollectibles.com/super8mm1.htm

it is not in 8 but super8 format. hope this helps.

Andreas Benz
Junior

- posted May 29, 2015 10:47 AM      Profile for Andreas Benz   Email Andreas Benz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have also never seen Atlas prints of this title. I have a Regular 8mm print from the Janus Films version of PANDORA'S BOX. This is the only print I have ever seen of this title on 8mm, it's quite good.
There are two versions of FOOLISH WIVES, both turn up from time to time (mostly on eBay USA): be sure to get the restored Arthur Lennig / Blackhawk version which is 6 x 120m. The 4 x 120m version is a cut version made in 1928 and was thought to be the only version in existence until Arthur Lennig saw a European print in the 1960s. He combined both versions and came up with a significantly longer and better version of this film.
The only other Louise Brooks silent film available on 8mm that I can think of is the 1926 LOVE 'EM AND LEAVE 'EM which I have on Super 8mm, possibly a (very good) Milestone print.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC