8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED: 70s 80s Horror

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED: 70s 80s Horror
Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 04:36 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot buy all fo these at once (depending in price). However, in 8mm/Super 8 I was hoping to see if anyone wanted to sell their copies of any 70s/80s horror. I cannot pay the $1,500 I have seen some films going for, so please tell me if I am aiming too high and these are all very pricey, or don't even exist!

Films like:

Day of the Dead
Nightmare on Elm Street (any of them haha)
Phantasm
Suspiria
The Gate
Child's Play
Halloween
Poltergeist
Videodrome
The Fog
Aliens (saw this go for $1,500, is this a norm?)
The Thing
The Shining

etc.!!..!!..!.. Thank you!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 08:27 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evan,
Phantasm was only released as a 400' digest by Derann as far as I know. Halloween (scope), Poltergeist (flat & scope) and Aliens (flat) were all released as features. The Fog was released as both a scope feature and a 600' digest; again, as far as I know, the others on your list don't exist on super 8, except the original 1951 version of The Thing [Wink]
As far as the price for Aliens, that is not the norm, it's actually more in the reasonable $400.00 range...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 08:42 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PHANTASM was also released as a 2x400' German digest.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 08:46 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that info Marshall, I never saw that 2X400' digest, but I would love to get it! [Smile] , although some folks from the USA aren't interested in foreign language films...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2015 09:11 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Joe and Marshall! I am actually trying to learn German so that could be interesting and fun Haha!

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 22, 2015 10:31 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you just started collecting, everything with Horror, Mystery or Scifi are usually expensive.

Drama and comedy are the cheapest.

--------------------
Winbert

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted October 23, 2015 04:10 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
From the ones listed Evan, Aliens, The Fog, Poltergeist & Halloween definitely exist on low fade stock, full feature format on Super 8mm.

Sadly, for this particular title and one or two others, it does seem to be becoming the norm now for global sales within e bay, especially if in very good to near mint condition.

Not that I believe it exists, but "The Thing" may not even make such a good spectacle even if it were on 8. A bit too much white snow I reckon and would probably show up every speck on the print with little colour rendition.

It's not brilliant when projected digitally, least not from my DVD copy anyhow.

The highly saturated colour prints look best on Super 8mm I reckon like many of the Red Fox features I've seen.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2015 12:18 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's good to know Andrew, thank you. I think it is unfortunate that these items end up on flee-bay as well

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC