8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Iver Film Uncut) SOLD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Iver Film Uncut) SOLD
Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2016 12:58 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(sold)
Iver Film print ON (VERY RARE) 5X400 REELS COMPLETE UNCUT

Thanks

[ January 17, 2016, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Alberto Carlo Vangelisti ]

|  IP: Logged

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2016 03:01 AM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last day on eBay !!!

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2016 07:35 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darn - just missed out on this...it went for over $600! I have the 4x400' version and I hear there's not much missing but it would be really cool to have the uncut print. Oh well, someday...

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 14, 2016 04:44 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im the same Brian but have to say it is only a few minutes missing,
it certainly wouldn't be worth those sums of money for less than 3-4 minutes extra.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2016 08:11 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was lucky to get three times what it's worth, considering the obvious fade in the screenshots. It was a most beautiful print back when it was new [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 15, 2016 07:03 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was one of the best ads I have seen for a movie auction in some time. I'm not a fan of the film personally but the auction ad was excellent. Made me want to bid! Great work and it's probably one of the reasons for the high final price. That and the rarity.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 17, 2016 04:02 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, i agree it was an excellent advert on ebay, but!!! (you know me)
The only images i like to see on an ebay ad are screenshots from the film for sale only.
I know there were some on there but some people may,(only may) get confused and assume many of the very good clear ones are also from the film.
This is why when i do an ebay sale i only ever show screenshots from what i am advertising.
But it was a well laid out ad,also as you say, the full uncut film & original cases. very good. [Wink]

Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted January 17, 2016 10:14 AM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
Some may think to much was paid but I'm not bothered if I did pay to much I wanted it I had some money and I bought I didn't want the 4 reel version missing 4 minutes I wanted the full film, I look forward to receiving it, and going off the bidding I only out bid someone by 5 euro so I think if I were at any point going to sell it on I would get most my money back.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 17, 2016 02:56 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all, in fact i think for the uncut full length it went for less than i thought it would.
We have had many years of viewing pleasure with our 4 x 400 footer, this is the first time i have seen the 5 reeler,
Enjoy, the opening is great!
Super 8 cine films are worth what people want to pay, I've learned that over the years myself, i use to think it was a bit barmy but considering how cine films are now going up in value now,(for the right title), its a case of if you have the dosh and want to pay it thats what its worth to the bidder.
[Wink]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2016 08:41 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Stuart! That is a VERY rare print, and the movie is classic movie in the classic format- FILM! I had the 4x400 and enjoyed it, but always missed those extra scenes that were missing, especially the opening narration.

Can't understand people complaining that somebody paid "too much" for an item, especially when it's fairly advertised with screen shots. We are film collectors. And just like people who collect other items (model trains, comic books, old toys, etc.), a collector is willing to pay a high price for a rare item. It's the nature of the beast, as they say [Wink] . Some people will NEVER understand why a collector of anything pays money for "this", when you could spend it for "that" (hello wives [Cool] ).

Anyway Stuart, enjoy your purchase, and WELCOME to the Forum!

James.

Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted January 19, 2016 12:55 PM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks james happy to have found this place or I'd never have found that TCM I'm useless at searching eBay for super 8, I mainly collect VHS tapes and only recently got into super 8 my collection is very small,when I do buy films it will be ones I really want like TCM which i can't wait to watch as i think there won't be a better way to view it,I've not seen it on blu ray but I can't see the hi def really doing the film any justice. Like you say in all collections prices vary depending on demand, I've got vhs tapes that I paid £5 for but know there is high demand for said tape and I can get £30+ for said tape just the nature of the beast

Tim Hartnell
Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2016 12:59 PM      Profile for Tim Hartnell   Email Tim Hartnell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was the second bidder on this 5 x400ft version of TCM and would loved to have won it as I currently own the Iver 400ft Digest,Iver rare 2 x 400ft,4 x 400ft feature, a Thunderbirds TCM trailer and the Iver vhs and beta max.If you ever want to sell it on in the future let me know it will go great in my collection.Love this film on super 8 and a few lines and grain all add to the grittyness of it for me enjoy [Smile] .I am also looking for the Derann 400ft digest aswell if anyone has it for sale cheers.

Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted January 19, 2016 02:46 PM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool tim if I ever get rid I will keep you in mind

Stuart Bennett
Junior

- posted February 03, 2016 10:59 AM      Profile for Stuart Bennett         Edit/Delete Post 
Recieved and watched, an excellent experience and I can't think of a better way to view this movie thouroughly enjoyed it thanks to Alberto for this gem

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2016 12:56 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart ... Your words are music to me.
Thanks so much

Andrew Newton
Junior

- posted February 21, 2016 04:46 AM      Profile for Andrew Newton   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man!
I would have loved to add this to my TCM collection, if anyone has ANY TCMstuff on offer, please get in touch, cheers!

http://www.texaschainsawmassacre.webspace.virginmedia.com

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 21, 2016 05:55 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,I never knew there was a 2 x 400ft version.would you be able to do a review of this.It's also one of my all time favourites. I started with the less satisfactory derann 400 footer and a year or two later bought the Iver 4 x 400 foot feature which I still have to this day,colour still holding well to.

Tim Hartnell
Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2016 02:51 PM      Profile for Tim Hartnell   Email Tim Hartnell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tom I purchased it of a ebay seller in the UK called bettysbargains15 they have sold a lot of good rare trailers/cartoons etc.I have yet to view it but in the description it said "Released by Iver Films in the late seventies,This is the 2 x 400ft version,mounted together on one very full 600ft spool approx 650/680ft about 35 mins in total.I am unsure if this is a rare 2 x 400ft Iver release or just parts of the feature put together.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 22, 2016 04:22 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as i remember there were 2 400 footers, the derann version which was around 350ft and starts after the first two murders, then there was the iver 400 footer which was a full 400 foot spool and included all 5 murders. when i wanted to purchase the 4x400 iver themselves tried to recommend there 400 footer against the feature. i thought this was such a weird move as the sale would have been less cash for them,suffice to say i made my feature purchase which at that time was £99.I think that 2 x 400 may be made up of the iver 400 and maybe a reel of the feature.

Alberto Carlo Vangelisti
Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2016 05:51 PM      Profile for Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Email Alberto Carlo Vangelisti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart,
I sent you a new pm

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC