8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Aristocrats

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Aristocrats
Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2016 03:25 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am still wanting this film am willing to pay up to £300

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 06, 2016 03:36 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you find one soon buddy! You ought to offering that for a print of this Kevin.
Here's hoping! [Smile]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2016 03:47 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andy I missed the blustery day one I didn't see the sold on it oh well buddy u get your boxes sorted ?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 06, 2016 03:55 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am disappointed you just missed out on Blustery Day here today Kevin.

Had I have known it was one you were seeking, I'd have tried to buy it in order to pass it over to you. These are rare now, especially in excellent condition, but I will always keep an eye out for you Kevin for any you are seeking if you let me know in advance, just like Aristocats.

I did thankfully source a small batch of 600ft plain white card boxes but I haven't followed up seeking a supplier of the feature boxes just yet Kevin.

I will let you know if I manage to get hold of any but in the meantime, just let me know if you run short of 600ft plain single boxes or 1200ft for that matter.

I will have a healthy stock of both soon.

--------------------

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2016 04:11 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks buddy it's 600ft spools that are getting rarer these days too ,your a gent buddy

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 07, 2016 03:58 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The lion king I had off tony was magnificent well done Tony

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 07, 2016 02:34 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

--------------------

Peter Harrison
Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 03:26 AM      Profile for Peter Harrison   Email Peter Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

Apologies if I'm assuming this incorrectly, but if Kevin is looking for a copy of the Aristocats, I've noticed a copy for sale on ebay.it

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Film-Super-8-Gli-Aristogatti-Walt-Disney-4-Bobine-da-180mt-/111924842961?hash=item1a0f3d91d1:g:rXEAAOSwP~tW2Hjq

No idea if this is English language and with only 8 hours left in the auction this is a little late in the day to be letting people know but I just wanted to pass on the info.I would bid myself and pass on but the seller won't post to Japan.

The seller has other items for sale, though again I've not been able to find out anything about language or quality.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 10, 2016 03:36 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Peter, thanks for thinking of our friend Kevin here and I had spotted this myself a few days back.

The problem with this type of print, is it will most likely fall into the category mentioned earlier regarding a dupe Sleeping Beauty I managed to trial for a very brief period.

It is not a Derann, it will not have been taken from the official or original negatives that Disney supplied officially to Derann and it also will not be on low fade stock.

Had it had been the official release, which looks superb, you could expect to pay at the very least, 7 times this amount for this one here.

If something looks too good to be true and nobody appears interested, chances are it is!

--------------------

Peter Harrison
Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 05:48 AM      Profile for Peter Harrison   Email Peter Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, that's useful to know. Thanks!

Being new to home projection of 8mm and Super 8 I've yet to see a Derann print running. Something I'm looking forward to with much anticipation!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 10, 2016 11:21 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The later low fade prints are a delight if still on pre striped stock.

Enjoy Peter....come the time!😂

--------------------

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 01:09 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for thinking of me I did see it on eBay but I want the derann print as you said Andy about the derann prints they are the best around . I gambled with pinnochio off chc and it's terrible on,never mind guys my prints will come one day . [Smile]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 10, 2016 01:29 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for being dim here, but is it Aristocats you look for? Says Aristocrats in the header. Probably a film called Aristocrats too I assume

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 10, 2016 01:30 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for being dim here, but is it Aristocats you look for? Says Aristocrats in the header. Probably a film called Aristocrats too I assume

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 01:36 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, The Aristocrats is not quite as family-friendly [Wink]

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted March 10, 2016 03:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The aristocats the Walt Disney cartoon I'm after I may have miss spelt it somewhere sorry vidar

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 11, 2016 03:48 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the Aristocrats was ever released on Super 8mm was it? I've certainly never seen a feature length one of these if it was.

It had to be Disney's Aristocats anyhow, knowing our Kevin here! [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC