8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » SOLD Independence Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOLD Independence Day
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2016 12:31 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am likely to put my copy of Derann's Independence Day onto eBay tomorrow and before I did so I wanted to see if there was any interest from the forum.
It has the original boxes and is on the original reels with heads and tails. The boxes are not in fantastic shape but equally not falling apart!
There are 6 x 600ft reels and apart from head and tail splices I don't think there are any others of note.

Overall it is in very good to excellent condition in my view with the exception of the first half of the first reel which shows a small mark on the emulsion that is not green but is visible in the lighter scenes. It's not very big and not so noticeable in the darker scenes of which there are many-fading away on the second half of that reel.

Naturally, there is the occasional fine running line here and there but they are relatively few and not that noticeable. The last 4 reels are excellent.
I will try to upload some shots from my phone but really if you are interested it is better for me to take a short video clip and email it to you. You get a much better feel for it that way.

Colours are excellent throughout. Sound is very strong on both channels.

Stock is AG 1 S on the side of the film.

I've been advised that on the bay this film can sell for between £300 and £500 so I would be looking for sensible offers over £300 really.

Let me know if interested. At this price I want to be entirely clear on condition to avoid disappointment but I doubt that you will be.

The screen grabs below are from a 3ft screen on my iPhone, i have selected the worst examples of the emulsion mark I can find.
Regards

Tony

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2016 01:23 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pm sent tony.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC