8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Fox and the Hound Derann WTB

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Fox and the Hound Derann WTB
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 05, 2016 12:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, looking for this feature, but it needs to be the Derann!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2016 01:30 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya buddy did your package get delivered ?

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2016 02:06 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone in germany want sell his german dubbed print:
link
This is a german forum and he write, its in perfect condition, german dubbed, 2x240 meter, he want 250 Euro.
If you like, I can contact the seller for you.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 05, 2016 03:01 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a very good opportunity here. This print, in any language now, is difficult to find let alone one in this apparent condition!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 06, 2016 11:54 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, could you approach the person? Also, can you verify if it is in fact the Derann print or the Perry's films print, as nothing on his post states what the origin of the print is?

I'll PM you with my e-mail address.

Yes, I did receive that Perry's film print of this title, but it definitely has some wear to the source print that is undesireable, at least, to me. This is no reflection on Phillip.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 09, 2016 04:11 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go Osi! Now try finding another. Very rare title to find now on Super 8mm

E bay .uk 141953900301

Perhaps it's the same one as Oemer mentions above??

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2016 09:34 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, the seller of this auction is a forum member.
The seller from the german forum is someone other.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 09, 2016 11:49 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, I can't seem to bring it up, did it already sell?

Can you give me a direct link to it?

If it's still available, I won't be able to look at it until Monday, as I have no access to the internet until Monday morning.

--------------------

Andreas Benz
Junior

- posted April 09, 2016 03:32 PM      Profile for Andreas Benz   Email Andreas Benz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Osi,

here's another German language print, and it's from Derann! I think it's the one Andrew mentioned above. You may have to go to German eBay to see it.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Cap-und-Capper-Derann-Super-8-/141953900301?ha sh=item210d1c9f0d:g:JzgAAOSwiylXCLTx

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 09, 2016 10:10 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is the same as the one Oemer pointed out than the seller decided it was worth almost twice what he originally wanted for it! [Smile]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 10, 2016 01:57 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, Oemer has said above

quote:
No, the seller of this auction is a forum member.
The seller from the german forum is someone other.

--------------------
Winbert

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 12:08 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert..I know.....that was my attempt at sarcasm.. [Smile]
I know the seller from the Ebay auction.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 11:17 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, he can keep it at that price! [Smile]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 12:20 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
How much would you pay Osi for a nice unmarked print of this?

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 12:39 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually willing to go up to that 250 Euro that the German fellow was asking, but I was never able to get ahold of him, and I'm betting it was a case of something selling right away, but the seller not removing the advert after having sold his/her film.

That happens a lot.

250 Euro is a heck of a lot for me these days, and anytime I buy a film, I have to find someway of making that money back, and that's a lot to make back.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 11, 2016 01:32 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
You should be there or thereabouts then Osi if a sensibly priced one ever emerges. Just hope it will still be in tip top shape though at that price.

Someone like Ian of Perry's or CHC maybe your best solution of finding one around that figure now, if they ever come across one of these.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 12, 2016 11:35 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm sure that I'll run across one, I'm a patient man! The Perry's print I currently have is except for a few small moments, is actually not too bad. It just has some scratches that are in some key scenes that truly distract a little, at least, for me.

I have already prepared ahead of time though. I was thinking I would be able to get ahold of that print from Germany so, since I like the reel changes that I made upon getting this Perry's print, (downsized to 4X400ft, with fade out/fade ins on three out of four reels that are PERFECT) ...

1. I went ahead, took the soundtrack off of the DVD, edited to the exact edit for the four reels.

2. Took that soundtrack, converted it to mono, and did some equalization to it ahead of time, so that when I re-record it, the soundtrack should sound marvelous ...

3. Took said equalized soundtrack and then put it thru another program to actually slow it down just a tad bit, as my projectors do not record to well and stay in sync at the DVD 26 fps speed ...

I am ready to either re-record this Perry's print, (as the soundtrack is a little muffled and muddy), or, if I should be able to get ahold of this German fellow, be ready to re-record that track!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC