8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Convertion by me, Is this good quality ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Convertion by me, Is this good quality ?
Amund Hovde
Junior

- posted April 28, 2016 11:09 AM      Profile for Amund Hovde   Email Amund Hovde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
https://vimeo.com/164585357

Is it the best ? Feedback thanks

--------------------
Amund

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 28, 2016 11:24 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even if it is good quality (I wonder if someone added the "dream-like" edging to the image?) ...

ALWAYS keep the original film and don't just sell it off on ebay or worse, chuck it in the bin, as so many young people do with they're families cine treasures! [Eek!]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

William Olson
Master Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2016 11:57 AM      Profile for William Olson   Email William Olson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I question the blurry outer edges of the frame. Does the original film look like that? How did you convert this film?

Amund Hovde
Junior

- posted April 28, 2016 12:02 PM      Profile for Amund Hovde   Email Amund Hovde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am aware of this blurry edges. My camera will not focus on the whole frame. It priorities the mid section.

--------------------
Amund

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 28, 2016 12:11 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the exception of the blurry edges, the color, sharpness, and stability look great! What did you use?

Amund Hovde
Junior

- posted April 28, 2016 12:51 PM      Profile for Amund Hovde   Email Amund Hovde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use elmo projector from ebay (focussky)

--------------------
Amund

Ty Reynolds
Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2016 01:52 PM      Profile for Ty Reynolds   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the Sankyo Dualux 2000 unit from focuskye. You should be getting a sharp image corner to corner. Are you using a close-up lens on your camera? That can often cause a pincushion effect with the focus when the lens is zoomed in all the way.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC