8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: DRACULA - PRINCE OF DARKNESS in Scope

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: DRACULA - PRINCE OF DARKNESS in Scope
Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2016 05:36 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,
I am still looking for a good full feature Scope print of this HAMMER-classic to complete my "Dracula"-trilogy.
Maybe someone can help me.
Thank You very much in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2016 06:42 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are more than 3 Dracula (Hammer) movies.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2016 08:07 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Oemer,
I know...
But to me the "real gothic" Dracula-features are the features "Dracula", "Prince of Darkness" and "Dracula has risen from the grave".
So this is why I call it "The Trilogy".
In fact, I donīt like the "modern" features.

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2016 11:51 AM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with you on this one Oliver, they are by far the best way to see a vampire film, and no one did it better than Hammer. No actor can replace the late Sir Christopher Lee as the count, and quite a few tried !!!!. The best of luck finding these features, I have two of your three, so I am almost there.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2016 03:06 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I collect also the Hammer Dracula movies and you are right, the best of them all are Horror of Dracula and Dracula Prince of Darkness.
But Scars of Dracula is also a fine one. I didnīt allways like it, I watched it first time on Super 8 (Derann release) and I was disapointed, because the Bat with visible strings looks horrible. But last year I found an 35mm IB print and itīs looks in IB really great. I have also Horror of Dracula and Satinc Rites of Dracula in 35mm, but the color looks best at "Scars..". I have a 16mm Agfa print of Dracula AD 72 and you are right, itīs different kind of movie, but I love it too.

By the way, I sold to a forum member few years ago my S8 scope print of Dracula prince of Darkniss, it was in english and german dubbed, a very nice print. Maybe he sell it to you?

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2016 06:31 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scars of Dracula took a while to be released in the States. at that time there was a film critic with the Washington Post newspaper named Gary Arnold. He hated almost everything, but when Scars was shown here in D.C. at the Circle Theater he wrote a very glowing review and I went to see it.
I agree...it is a better film that most people think. A great opening...good cast....Dracula gets to actually speak...and it has an "electric" ending. It could have been a little better if they had spent just a little more time on it...a bit more money...but a good Dracula movie.
There are various Super 8 prints floating around...a condensed feature, a one reel digest and the full feature. I finally landed one of those and it is a gem of a print, rich full colors and great sharpness.
This one seems to be the Hammer Dracula that everyone ignores, but it's pretty good. I'll dig up that Post review and post it soon.

Peter Harrison
Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2016 09:13 AM      Profile for Peter Harrison   Email Peter Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this it?

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Film-Super-8-Dracula-Prince-des-Tenebres-Dracula-Prince-of-Darkness-/281917215872

4 x 400ft condensed by Derann. It doesn't mention whether it's Scope or not in the post.

Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2016 11:03 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Peter,

thank You very much.

Yes, the title is right, but DERANN released the complete feature with 5x400" in Scope.
I didnīt know about a condensed version until now.
I asked the french seller about Scope or not and wait for a reply.

Regards

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2016 11:38 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oliver, this must be a flat version.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC