8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back SCOPE FEATURE For Sale

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back SCOPE FEATURE For Sale
Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2016 03:57 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you heard it right. I am selling my full length copy of Empire Strikes Back. The film is in excellent condition. See some screenshots I posted a while back here.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000526

Yes I know you can still order this new but the new lab prints are only mono. This is a STEREO print with amazingly good sound. And I am picky!

The print comes mounted on 4x 800' reels. IN SCOPE/STEREO!!!

Asking $1200 with free media mail shipping to the USA. Email for an international quote or if you want insurance added.

onedelorean@yahoo.com

[ June 23, 2016, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Adam Deierling ]

|  IP: Logged

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2016 06:02 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adam, Good luck with the sale, i sold my Super 8 Feature of Return of the Jedi just recently and is now found a home in Japan.

Luckily i obtain a nice original print on 35mm of the same title for less then the asking price of the Super 8 feature.

If you have the space 35mm is the way to go, trust me.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2016 07:59 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah if only the wife would allow that lol. But that's ok. I recently acquired a 16mm scope print of empire and Jedi and the quality is vastly better than the super 8. Much sharper! Very happy with them.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 23, 2016 03:09 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is really tempting actually! i do like that one.

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2016 04:35 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, what sort of negs are these struck from? Are they originated from a 35mm print?

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2016 06:57 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The CHC release was struck from a 35mm german version. Fortunately in a time as the prints are without any sign of fade.
I sold two 35mm prints in the past. Still I own two 35mm prints, the color is ok, only in one reel (every print the same). The other reels are a little bit faded, but still watchable.
Here is a short clip from a screening last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxxBg0LqGpM
By the way, itīs not easy to order a new print this time, you have to wait a long time and itīs not sure, if they can print with a sound stripe.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 23, 2016 03:31 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We did purchase both Empire and jedi features years ago and sent them both back as we thought the quality was not worth what we paid, ( i think it was around 175 each), if only i knew how barmy these would go today.

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2016 04:01 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From past experiences unless you're dealing with an actual negative from the camera source like Derann Disney features and shorts. The quality will vary and will not be the same on a 35mm general release prints which would be the case on all CHC offered prints. You could call them dupes?

Two factors to note colour differences and ratio and defention. With 16mm this of course would be completely different and better quality then your Super 8 counter parts. But then again as most original 35mm cinema released prints of Empire would suffer from some fade by now of some sort. Beggars cannot always be choosers In this game.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2016 06:52 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Few months ago I watched the S8 release of Empire at a home theater of a friend. He run it with 6 chanal dolby stereo sound and this was more fun than to watch my 35mm faded print.
The quality was the same like the Derann release of Return of the Jedi and Star Wars.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2016 08:36 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This will be going up on ebay tomorrow... I will consider trades or trades/cash deals. Looking for nice 16mm stuff. Action/Adventure & Sci-fi.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2016 11:59 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I don't really want to post this film on eBay because of all the fees. I am open to offers and trades.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2016 09:22 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On ebay. I will still sell or trade to form members so long as there are no bids on the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172254612135?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 28, 2016 12:00 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film is now SOLD.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC