8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » "The Crimson Cult" Christopher Lee SOLD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "The Crimson Cult" Christopher Lee SOLD
Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2017 09:44 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have for sale a super 8mm print of the 1968 Horror
"THE CRIMSON CULT" Starring Christopher Lee, Boris Karloff, Mark Eden, When his brother disappears, Robert Manning pays a visit to the remote country house he was last heard from. While his host is outwardly welcoming - and his niece more demonstrably so - Manning detects a feeling of menace in the air with the legend of Lavinia Morley, Black Witch of Greymarsh, hanging over everything. 2x400ft Colour / Sound (Walton Print) nice colour £39 plus P&P

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2017 09:55 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ian,
PM sent, Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2017 03:38 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOW SOLD [Smile]

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2017 06:06 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always known this as "The Curse of the Crimson Altar" which is what the Walton catalogue lists it as. I wonder if this copy had been re-named on the box for sale to the USA, which I believe used that alternative (or for the USA should that be alternate??) title.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 19, 2017 06:42 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have both, they are not identical. If I remember correctly, one was with added commentary, which so many if you love

I might remember wrong, old age has tanken me

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2017 06:57 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have an original cinema poster of this one.
It was one of those movies I got as a birthday present.
It was the 200 foot colour sound Walton version which I still have.

For years I wanted to see the full feature film.
When I finally saw it on the TV what a big disappointment
it was for me. It's bloody awful and even Lee and Karloff
couldn't save for me.
The 200 footer is a big improvement in my view.

Well done Walton.

[Wink]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

John Armer
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2017 08:41 AM      Profile for John Armer   Email John Armer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got the Walton double album of this. I've not seen the full feature but the cut-down works really well so I suspect it's one of those where the cut-down is better than the feature. the colours are really good, but the sound is a little off - it's just not loud enough. I'd be interested to hear what the sound on yours is like, Mark.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2017 09:03 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John the sound on my 200' version is very clear with adequate
volume.
Your 2x400' which I have not seen is probably much better than
the full movie.

Its a muddled mess of a film which makes no sense. Lee and Karloff are wasted in this movie.
One only for the brain dead I think.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC