8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Americom Hammer Super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Americom Hammer Super 8
Paul Lancaster
Junior

- posted August 10, 2017 01:44 AM      Profile for Paul Lancaster   Email Paul Lancaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! I have been searching high and low for Americom's super 8 prints of Horror of Dracula, Curse of Frankenstein, and Face of Fu Manchu. If anyone out there has these for sale please let me know. Thank you very much!!

--------------------
Paul Lancaster

|  IP: Logged

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2017 05:46 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul - If you really want to get ambitious - try to track down their sound striped prints. They are regular 8mm color/sound. It took me decades to find them - but well worth the wait - although the color on all of them are pretty red at this point. Does anyone remember how the color was when first released? I have a feeling - they were kind of red to start off with. I have multiple copies of the silent versions with the floppy records... but the striped prints I only have one of each. There's only one Popeye I can't find that's striped... so the search continues!

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2017 08:32 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Brian,
I bought the Curse of Frankenstein 200' regular 8mm color digest (with the record) brand new back then. The color was unforgettably excellent!

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Paul Lancaster
Junior

- posted August 16, 2017 04:38 PM      Profile for Paul Lancaster   Email Paul Lancaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian and thanks for the reply. I have to take my ambitions one day at a time...lol So for right now i would be very happy with just the Americom versions with the records. I guess the little kid in me just loves the idea of trying to synch that record up with the movie. Now that isn't to say if the striped sound versions come along that i wouldn't buy them. I have silent 200 ft. versions of both Horror and Curse in Super 8 but they were placed in cans by my uncle, who got me started on my love of these things, so i am not sure what versions they are and he has since passed away.

--------------------
Paul Lancaster

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2017 06:45 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe - Wow... the color was good upon release... it must have been poor film stock that caused them to all go red. I love the fact that they were released in 1965 - the year I was born. Guess that explains why I'm fading a bit, too!

Paul - Hope you find the films. I may have some extra copies in storage. They are there while I look for a new house. When I dig them out, I'll get in touch. I'm sure I have extra regular 8 copies of Curse of Frankenstein and Horror of Dracula. You could use the records and boxes if you only have super 8. FYI: There were two reels released on "Curse" - one titled "Birth of Frankenstein" that only had the creation scenes. May take some time to dig what I have out... since it's coming up on a year and I still can't find a new weekend place. You will probably find the films before I find a house!

Paul Lancaster
Junior

- posted August 16, 2017 08:21 PM      Profile for Paul Lancaster   Email Paul Lancaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian. I do have Birth of Frankenstein and the record plus Cosmic Monsters with the record. I found Curse and Birth on ebay a couple of weeks ago and won them but they weren't packaged very well and when my mail man left them on my porch my neighbor's dog came down and ate Curse. i was more than a little angry and it actually happened again today with my super 8 3d copy of Mad Magician so i am now looking for one of those too. My neighbor has been informed his dog better stop coming onto my porch and eating my pricey collectibles but i am still out the films and the money i paid for them. Thanks for your reply and please keep me in mind. I hope your search for a house goes well.

--------------------
Paul Lancaster

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC