8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB: Aladdin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB: Aladdin
Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2018 02:07 PM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,
After a 10 year sabbatical (a direct result of the 2007 World Crash during which I was even forced to flog my Xenon GS1200!), I was watching my 3 year old son gawping at yet another Pixar dvd and thought it might be good to introduce him to something a little more magical. Purchased a Bauer T-610 and fished out an old Tom and Jerry to test it. Didn't even get a screen out, just aimed it against a nearby wall giving an image with a frame size of perhaps 12 inches wide. I was twiddling knobs and checking sound when I noticed a little chap standing beside me, entranced. Immediately contacted Rick Daniels regarding his copy of Aladdin, a film my son has yet to experience, but unfortunately it had already gone. So, has anyone got a copy in top condition that they're prepared to part with? If not, any other suggestions would be very welcome as I'm not sure he's yet ready for African Queen, Singin' In the Rain, Casablanca, etc...
Have seen Pinocchio and Notre Dam on ebay but not keen to buy films that way and don't know either picture.
Kind regards
Sam
P.S. Already have Jungle Book so will try that at first but he already knows it so it would be great to start him off with something new.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2018 02:44 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Becoming very hard to find these days Sam,you used to see them for sale quite frequently but not now and when they do pop up they sell quickly too,the Disney digests might be a better bet and you'll possibly find a few with good colour,always a good and cheaper way to get back into film again,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC