8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » New films at Super8warehouse. And color scans too...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New films at Super8warehouse. And color scans too...
Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2018 03:32 PM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

Today, I have added about a hundred new films to the website: lots of features, cutdowns, shorts and cartoons. Most new films can be found on the homepage:

Super8warehouse Homepage

I have also included a few sale offers, marked by red ‘sale’ buttons.

A note on color quality

Up till now, I have graded color using phrases like ‘good, almost no fade’, ‘some fade, but still nice’, et cetera.
Although, of course, this is better than giving no information at all, these phrases are highly subjective. What I may think is ’nice’, may not look so nice to you.

That’s why from this update, many of my color film descriptions will include actual film scans. These scans are made on a color-calibrated scanner and give an accurate impression of the color you may expect.

About fifty films (most of which are new additions, listed today) now have these scans, and in the future, I will add more scans for films that have already been listed.

I hope this will make it much easier to decide if a film is right for you.

Please note, however, that this is not a perfect system. If your computer monitor or tablet screen doesn't have reliable color, the color of the scans will look slightly different. And please understand that, although the scans are good for evaluating color, for various reasons they are not right for evaluating sharpness or print condition.

I hope you will find something of interest!

Thanks for your support,
Bert

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 02, 2018 03:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason, can't open the page

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 03, 2018 11:18 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must say that I totally applaud you're putting up screenshots of you're product! There's no better way to protect you're sales, (as it will obviously keep a lot more film from being shipped back to you from customers saying, 'color is bad" ... they know ahead of time!

Perhaps you will start a trend?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 03, 2018 04:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got site of it now - There are 2 I put in the cart so far - Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC