8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » When's you're Birthday? Super 8 feature! Joe E. Brown!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When's you're Birthday? Super 8 feature! Joe E. Brown!
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 06, 2018 11:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've decided to sell this rare feature on super 8!

It's "When's You're Birthday?" 1937

Here is a link to the auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323290846759

Better than average Joe E. Brown comedy! it also has the very first time the famous Warner Brother cartoon director Bob Clampett did any animation, in a sequence that almost lasts the length of you're average cartoon, (3 or 4 minutes).

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Dave Ruth
Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2018 12:40 PM      Profile for Dave Ruth   Email Dave Ruth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched this for the first time yesterday! I won it on eBay about two weeks ago, and for a Niles print I thought it looked quite good. Its a fun little picture, got better as it progressed, and gets a thumbs up from me.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 08, 2018 11:58 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave ...

It is a Niles print? Awesome, I updated my description just a little bit ago on ebay as i forgot to mention that it comes in a NIles box, but I honestly had no idea as to who put this out on Super 8. You are correct, for a Niles print, it's pretty good, might just about be up there with the Sherlock holmes features that they released. One of Niles best, in my opinion, was they're feature of "It's A Wonderful Life"!

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 08, 2018 12:09 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And to think I almost said, “09-09-1960” :-D

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 09, 2018 11:15 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?!

anyhow, i just wanted to add a thnaks for the info about it actually being a Niles films release, because it's being sold in a Niles 4X400ft size box, You know, the one that has the painted iamges of movie stars, Wayne, Bogie and such, (though the title on cover says, "Satans Satellites"). Box is in about 60 percent quality. tears on the covers corners have been tapes up, some wrinkling to the bottom but not much, but it serves it's purpose. [Smile]

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2018 05:45 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’ve been tired lately
Thought you were asking
When is your Birthday
To all the members
Before I realized it is the name of a feature.....

Update: I gave in to temptation and snagged it!

[ June 10, 2018, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Chip Gelmini ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 11, 2018 11:32 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw that this morning! (Monday) I sent you a ebay message, Chip! [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC