8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » With all this GS-1200 frenzy ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: With all this GS-1200 frenzy ...
Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2005 01:01 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that there seems to be a GS-1200 frenzy, I just put up one of mine on ebay -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7539392978&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

It's got a 2-blade shutter which makes it quite desirable compared to some of the others up there.

Also - note the extras that you get with buy it now... For members of the forum -- I'll add the following additional items with "Buy it now" -- a reel of trailers, a 1600ft reel, and a bunch of 400ft reels and cans... Just mention that you saw this on the forum...

And if the winner lives anywhere near Boston and wants to come get them, I've got a couple of Neumade super 8 film racks in great shape (cost $500+ each when new) that you can have as well...

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 17, 2005 04:09 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, Its a version 1 machine. BTW the change from 3 to 2 balde only gives you a 30% increase in light not 50% as in your ad before some other smart alec emails you through ebay.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 17, 2005 08:46 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, 30% is nothing to cough at. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2005 06:48 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the deal with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6423967586&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Is there something special about this machine?, or perhaps these are shill bidders (2 of the bidders just created their accounts this week)...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 18, 2005 04:30 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

I don't know why this particular GS is getting such a high price, but I do trust the seller, our very own Robert Aragon. I hope the winning bidder doesn't stiff Robert.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 19, 2005 08:55 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Doug,

It's pretty bizarre - but great for Robert... I've got mine up at $999 or $1199 Buy it now (with extras included in Buy it now) and it's a 2-blade machine... Seems like someone would have snapped it up at that price.... Go figure...

Michael Clark
Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2005 07:54 AM      Profile for Michael Clark   Email Michael Clark   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These projectors remind me of the current real estate market! [Smile]

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2005 11:18 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why's that Mike? Apart from Roberts, I think that prices have dropped rather than increased lately -- they used to sell regularly for $1500 ....

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2005 12:46 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have any idea why people bid Robert's GS-1200 up to $1650, but no one bought mine at $999 -- just doesnt' make sense...

Robert Aragon
Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2005 06:40 PM      Profile for Robert Aragon   Email Robert Aragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was tempted to buy yours

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2005 06:46 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Robert -- When you have a minute email me at sts (at) sigel (dot) net.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 02, 2005 08:02 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, just curious to know if the buyer of your machine with 0 feedback did follow throught?

Steve did you sus why Robert's sold and yours didnt get a look in. The whole thing looked a bit bizarre watching from the outside so to speak.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 06, 2005 08:12 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

I have no idea what happened....

I'm going to relist mine on ebay soon.. I can't fathom why no one bought it at that price...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC