8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » elmo st1200 wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: elmo st1200 wanted
Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 10, 2006 06:39 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all!
I need to buy a second st1200 projector, the D-M-O or HD-M-O model preferably, so please let me know in case you happen to come across them being on sale. Thank you!

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 11, 2006 01:06 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I would check out eBay if I were you.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 11, 2006 02:01 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, about half a dozen of ST1200 have appeared on Ebay over the last 4 or 5 weeks (and I bought one, the dual-track version... [Big Grin] )

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 11, 2006 09:17 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I concur - but the optical version still remains a rarity [Eek!]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2006 11:18 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
there was a st1200 on ebay about two weeks ago here on the uk site,price was £175.00 sterling;shipping was an extra £17.00 for the u.k.andy.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 11, 2006 10:18 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tassos,

this might be a stupid question but: where do you actually live? In Greece? Or the UK? Or where? (One of our other Greek members was in the States for a while, then moved to Germany... thus my question...) [Smile]

--------------------

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2006 08:06 AM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all thank you all for your answers!
Jan i Live in Greece - if i lived in Usa i would have already visited you as i see we share common interests, watching the projectors working with all covers opened and trying to fix even the slightest problem -as we see it!- to mention a couple, or am i mistaken?! Anyway, my excuse to people that consider me...hypochondriac is that i'm having a good time!
I am also surprised to find out how many greeks -as you say- are keen on this hobby, maybe it's because cinema activity in general has developed just these last two decades in Greece, who knows?!

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2006 12:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hi there,one of this forums members is selling the st1200 for the buy it now price of £150.00 sterling.its on the uk ebay site. kev clark is the seller.andy.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2006 12:12 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...The problem with us Greeks, Tasso, is that we're so unorganised and individualistic sometimes....In December I was back in Athens for holidays and had posted in this Forum an invitation to all greek members to email me so that we tried to sort out a meeting to get to know each other. There was absolutely NO REPLY [Frown] ! I'll try to do the same when I get back in the summer though-who knows, good weather might motivate
someones for a few chats under the shade of an umbrella with a frappe in hand when it's so hot around [Cool] ...

--------------------
Yannis

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2006 04:51 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew thank you for letting me know, it's just that i need the optical option as well otherwise i'd surely be interested. Yannis you're right, in many cases have i experienced what you've described and i have come to conclusion that people around have forgotten the importance of social life. By the way, you have my word i won't be one of them if you try again!

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted May 14, 2006 03:08 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://cgi.ebay.de/Elmo-ST-1200-D-MO-Filmprojektor-fuer-360m-Spulen_W0QQitemZ9726637906QQcategoryZ8271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2006 03:17 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jan

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2006 05:21 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yanis, I understand your concerns.
However bear in mind that none of the Greeks I know in this forum stays in Athens or was in Athens during December. I for example am currently in Germany, George is in Kozani, Mitsos in NY, apologize if I missed someone.
So it's quite obvious not to have received any feedback to your invitation. I wouldn't call that individualism...
I really wish to meet you as well as all others sometime, but this seems rather difficult for the time talking..

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2006 12:20 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dimitri,
you and all greeks of the Forum have my apologies if I sounded a bit grumpy before; obviously it's not easy to know where everyone is at a given time. Some of the members just write they're from Greece so I assume they live in Athens as most of the collectors I know do-it's definitely my Athenian-centrism speaking [Embarrassed] ! However, we can still try to sort something out for this summer-after all it's a small country we live in (I mean Greece!); as far as I'm concerned I plan to be in Athens late in July and, although it'll be holiday time,I'll leave a message in the Forum well in advance.
Obviously you don't need me to get organised-if you sort out something before July I'd be glad if you let me know [Smile] .

--------------------
Yannis

Dave Fairman
Junior

- posted August 27, 2006 01:18 PM      Profile for Dave Fairman   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Fairman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not sure if you are interested still, but I have an ELMOst1200D with stand, SCREENMASTER Screen original ELMO Speaker plus acc.20+ short films HANIMEX editor plus heaps more. All in original boxes with books etc.
For more info cazndave@aapt.net.au

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 27, 2006 02:42 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
So Dave, are you a new member long term or just getting shot of your 8mm gear?

Whatever, wellcome and enjoy.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 28, 2006 11:46 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

Welcome to the Forum.
[Smile]

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Dave Fairman
Junior

- posted September 01, 2006 08:08 AM      Profile for Dave Fairman   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Fairman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome Kev and Michael. Im not an 8mm buff like you guys but Ive got some immaculate 8mm stuff that I would like to get rid of and thought you guys may be able to point me in the direction of someone in Australia that would be interested in it.If you could help me it would be much appreciated.

Cheers guys

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 04, 2006 02:43 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

IO have been trying to cotnact your email (by cutting and pasting) but it is always returned to sender. Anything wrong with your email.

I have also sent a PM via this forum, but get no reply.

Could you check your profile (mail box in the forum) please.

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2006 06:49 PM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave, i've already found a 1200d in perfect condition .Thank you for your interest

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC