8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » wanted: super 8 sound striping machine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wanted: super 8 sound striping machine
Robert Neia
Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2010 05:03 PM      Profile for Robert Neia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Does anyone have a super 8 sound striping machine like a weberling that they would like to sell?

|  IP: Logged

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2010 09:01 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a Weberling striper for 110V, complete with electrical cord, a very good rubber belt, and an adhesive reservoir & wick that appear to be unused. The drive sprocket is for Super 8. Film that I striped more than thirty years ago with an identical machine still plays fine. If interested, send me a PM.

Robert Neia
Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2010 04:00 AM      Profile for Robert Neia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Glenn,

Yes I would be very interested in purchasing it, I sent you an email on the 8mm forum. Did you get it? Or did I send it incorrectly? I hope to hear from you soon.

-Robert

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2010 06:00 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Robert

Please contact me [directly by e-mail]. I can send pictures of the striper and provide further details.

Glenn

[ October 25, 2010, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Glenn Brady ]

Mikel Jenson
Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2010 06:31 AM      Profile for Mikel Jenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello and I'm sorry if this seems kind of nosy.. but I am really interested in the equipment and process behind this sort of stuff.. so I was wondering if it were possible, you could send me the pictures as well? I am not interested in buying such a machine just interested..

thank you
-Mikel Jenson

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2010 06:40 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Mikel

Just send your request to my e-mail address. I'll get pictures to you once I've made them.

Glenn

Robert Neia
Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2010 12:14 PM      Profile for Robert Neia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Glenn,

I just sent you an email, please let me know if you did not recieve it.

-Robert

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 04, 2010 02:11 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I can buy one, it is still possible to buy the tape for sound and where?

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2010 08:22 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See Wittner Cinetec: http://www.wittner-kinotechnik.de/katalog/03_verbr/d_s8mm.php.

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2010 04:09 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Glenn.
Regards

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Gerald Moore
Junior

- posted October 06, 2010 12:25 AM      Profile for Gerald Moore   Email Gerald Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And here:
Rinser Kinotechnik

or here:
FFR-Film

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2010 04:56 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally managed to buy a standard and super 8 sound striping machine to put audio in my movies to my mono Euming, my doubt now is:
which of the two tapes is the correct to place mono audio in super 8mm?
I have also to buy a bottle of glue?
Any help of the gurus sound is welcome.

These are the tapes that Wittner Cinetec sells:

-

This is my machine that arrives soon:

-

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2010 06:29 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. . . which of the two tapes is the correct to place mono audio in super 8mm?
It's the 0.8mm stripe you'll need; the 0.45mm material is for the balance stripe.

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2010 07:12 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Glenn.
Any advice for the operation of this machine?

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2010 09:58 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Any advice for the operation of this machine?
I'm unfamiliar with the Supersound machine, having used only Weberling stripers, but I expect the same techniques apply. I've always spliced my films with the Bolex beveled-edge cement splicers so there's no bump at the splice and, consequently, no blip in the soundtrack. The film should be clean. I've made sure there's sufficient leader so I've got time to adjust the alignment of the stripe on the film. The cement should be reasonably fresh. When I began, I just followed the instructions supplied with the striper and never had a problem. Have fun!

Patrick McGrath
Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2010 10:11 PM      Profile for Patrick McGrath   Email Patrick McGrath   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glen, did you ever sell your striping machine to the original poster?
I am somewhat interested if it is still available.

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 04:58 AM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many tanks Glenn. Super 8 Regards.

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 08:31 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. . . did you ever sell your striping machine to the original poster? I am somewhat interested if it is still available.
Yes, I did sell the Weberling machine. I've got two more, but I'm reluctant to part with either one. Weberling striping machines (usually the DS 240) appear regularly at eBay in Europe, but they're invariably for 220V/50Hz. They're much less common in the U.S.A. Still, if you're patient, I'm sure one will turn up.

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 10:19 AM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenn, did you have some photos of that machine who can send me?

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 10:54 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
did you have some photos of that machine who can send me?
Yes, I'd be happy to send you pictures of the Weberling striper. Just contact me [directly by e-mail].

[ October 25, 2010, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Glenn Brady ]

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 04:35 PM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again,
There is some alignment to do when puting the tape and glue? where places the glue? in some kind of cushion for this purpose, there is only once or have to go puting the glue?
Sorry all these issues but must be made to the gurus of striping. [Smile]

Regards
Jorge

--------------------
Lets show another movie

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2010 05:29 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There is some alignment to do when puting the tape and glue? where places the glue? in some kind of cushion for this purpose, there is only once or have to go puting the glue?
In the Weberling striper, the cement is held in a plastic reservoir inside the housing and fed by a cloth wick through a hollow tube that penetrates the face of the machine. The magnetic stripe is pulled through a channel cut in this tube and exposed to the adhesive-soaked wick. The stripe is then guided onto the film by a grooved spindle that moves in and out to provide proper alignment of the stripe and the film.

[ October 19, 2010, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Brady ]

Jorge Rondao
Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2010 06:49 AM      Profile for Jorge Rondao   Author's Homepage   Email Jorge Rondao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Glenn, I have read on some forums the best splice film for than stripped sound is the cement splice, but there are another opinions and can be done with the tape splices on film, since I have my film ready to striped sound tape but spliced with tape splice, I wonder in your opinion what is the best splice to not undermine the work? Cement or tape splice? I have time to change the tape splices for cement splice if is the best way.

Regards

[ November 19, 2010, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Jorge Rondao ]

--------------------
Lets show another movie

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC