8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Amazing Super-8 Equipment Find!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amazing Super-8 Equipment Find!!!
Raymond J. Santoro
Junior

- posted August 31, 2011 02:13 AM      Profile for Raymond J. Santoro   Email Raymond J. Santoro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend in Phoenix was cleaning out a storage locker for a friend who moved overseas and stumbled across a large amount of Super-8 equipment. She said for a small donation I could have it all. She took the $100 I offered. I walked away with the following:

*Canon 814-XLS camera in the original box/packaging with manual
*Canon BM-50 Boom Mike for 814 or 1014-XLS (original box)
*Elmo GS-800 Projector, original box/packaging with manual
*Elmo 912 Viewer (original box/packaging/manual)with optional film counter
*Elmo Sound Monitor for Editor 912, never removed from package
*Hervic Tape Splicer with 3 sets of 2-track sound splice tapes
*Da-Lite 4' wide movie screen in original box

These items are almost entirely complete, with the exception of the camera which is missing the lens cap and mike. However, there are other extras in the box. The GS-800 projector even came with a sample 50' reel packed with it by Elmo, including mike, patch cords, etc. It looks as though it were never used. All of the items came with the original bills, and it is interesting to see what someone paid for all this equipment in 1982/1983. Did I get a bargain for my $100?

I already have an 814-XLS camera and an Elmo editor/viewer and would be willing to sell these to an interested member of the forum. Please feel free to ask any and all questions. If no one here is interested, I may put them on eBay.

|  IP: Logged

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2011 09:05 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a hell of a deal! I just bought a GS800 for about $500. And it is in the same condition you just described. Congrats on the find!

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2011 07:28 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Congrats! That is the kind of find I hope to stumble across one day [Smile] I accidently broke my Sankyo XL-25S the other day, and my other two super 8 cameras are not working correctly either. How much would you be asking for the 814-XLS? I may not be able to actually buy it until next week when I get paid, but I thought I would ask. Have you tested it yet?

--------------------
-Chris

Raymond J. Santoro
Junior

- posted September 03, 2011 09:32 PM      Profile for Raymond J. Santoro   Email Raymond J. Santoro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris. I put batteries in the camera and it seems to run fine. I can't believe it's still in the original box with the original bill of sale. If you want it make me an offer, I will toss the boom mike with it (also in its original box) at no charge. I'm not trying to get rich, just looking for a fair price that will save me the angst of going through eBay

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2011 07:34 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey man, I sent you a pm, it says you haven't seen it yet so I thought I would post here. Thanks!

--------------------
-Chris

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC