8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » WANTED: Super 8 Viewer/Editor or Splicer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED: Super 8 Viewer/Editor or Splicer
Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2011 10:55 AM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am attempting to edit and splice together some of my films, but currently have none of the required super 8mm editing/splicing equipment. Things I am looking for:

-Decent Quality (Kodak, etc..) Leader
-Working Splicing Tape (not sure what the shelf life is on this)
-A Decent Editor/Viewer or a stand-alone Splicer

If you have any of this stuff available, I am willing to buy it, just let me know what you're asking. Any advice on the editing/splicing process is appreciated too. Thanks!

--------------------
-Chris

|  IP: Logged

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2011 11:47 AM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris,

I have these items and could sell them to you. Do you need a full roll of leader and how much splicing tape are you thinking of using?

I have a 400' capacity dual Editor/Viewer -- it works, has a splicer, and could throw in a few of the other things you need. Or I could point you in the direction to find a full roll of leader and a package of splicing tape.

Let me know...

Gerald

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted September 24, 2011 11:49 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Chris

I have a dual 8mm editor viewer you can have free. Just pay the shipping. About 10.00 parcel post. Check the pic. I have it on the forum under equipment for sale. If you want it just send me the money via paypal and I will send it off to you ASAP. And before you ask, yes it works great and has a good bulb.

Pat

-

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2011 12:20 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pat,

Great Deal! Is that a Robosapien in the background?

Chris, if you need a leader or two and a few splices, I can still send those for free as well.

--------------------

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2011 12:41 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat- I just sent you a reply email, thanks!

Gerald- I'm probably going to take Pat's editor, but I would like to hear any suggestions you have for finding a full roll of leader and some splicing tapes?

Thanks guys!

--------------------
-Chris

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted September 24, 2011 12:55 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Chris

Yes, Robosapien. I also have Robosapien V2, Tri-bot , Rovio SURVEILLANCE cam and R2D2 about 16" tall. R2 takes voice commandS!

Send my your address and I will pack it up and ship Monday.

My paypal in the same as my email.

Thanks

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2011 01:45 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Pat, my son Harold has one too!

Chris, here is a link to a buy it now splicer with 75 splice tapes for a good price...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hudson-Quick-Splice-Tape-Super-8-Films-75-Splices-/130579602887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e67269dc7

And here is a link to the store where I buy leader...I think they take paypal as well.

http://cinemasuppliesonline.com/

I hope these links help.

--------------------

Chris Punzi
Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2011 07:12 PM      Profile for Chris Punzi   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Punzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat- Thanks again! Can't wait to try my hand at film editing!

Gerald- Thanks for the links, they did help [Smile]

--------------------
-Chris

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC