8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo GS 1200 on ebay.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo GS 1200 on ebay.
Neil Townsend
Junior

- posted January 08, 2013 12:37 AM      Profile for Neil Townsend   Email Neil Townsend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI I was looking on ebay tonight and noticed there is an Elmo GS 1200 listed starting at $625. Owner/seller says he used it last in 12/2012 and "worked just fine". I thought I would see if there was anything here about it. I think it was listed yesterday? has 5 days left on auction.

|  IP: Logged

Wayne Watson
Junior

- posted January 09, 2013 08:37 PM      Profile for Wayne Watson   Email Wayne Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might call Denevi at denevi.com. They are in Hayward, CA. They bought out Elmo entirely, and now service them. You might get a tip about prices from them.

Adam McCreath
Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2013 02:09 PM      Profile for Adam McCreath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to know what forum members are paying for this machine....is $600+ the true value of it? More? Less?

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2013 05:47 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a lists of completed listings for the GS1200 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Elmo+GS+1200&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

That should give you a rough idea on the price, so usually, it's valued more than $650.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 05, 2013 06:52 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That one that sold for $629 look rough. I think a fully working GS1200 that has had a recent overhaul, cleaned, lubricated, all functions tested should fetch $1200 and up. If the unit is very clean and tested than $1000-1200. If the machine looks beat like the one for $629...it may work but I think the outer condition of the machine tells a lot about how well the machine was cared for. I stay away from the cosmetically bad ones.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2013 11:31 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting the link to that list Gerald. I bought the one that sold for $799.99, and it is in absolutely mint condition. I consider myself VERY LUCKY to have bought one that is in excellent condition as described! The funny thing is, I see from the pictures that Dave Thomas apparently copied the photo of my GS1200 for the one he sold for $1199.99 a few weeks later! [Eek!]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2013 12:11 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sound like you got a great deal Joe, congrats on your new acquisition. [Cool]

The only GS I'll ever own are my initials. [Frown]

For now, I'll settle on the ST-1200. [Wink]

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC