8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted Film-o-clean, film renew or filmguard

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted Film-o-clean, film renew or filmguard
Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2013 04:17 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a bunch of films that need cleaning, I have been trying to order a film-o-clean for over a year, but no luck.

So some manual cleaning is in order for my 8mm, Super8 and 16mm films if anyone has any fluid and gear to sell, please let me know.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2013 09:14 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
try cresta clean from classic home cinema its really good i use it

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2013 03:10 PM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wittner just received a shipment of Film-O-Clean's

I apologize to the community at large for being so out of touch the last year - life has taken me on a rollercoaster ride and it hasnt ended yet.

Currently recuperating from some surgery, and trying to get all the pieces of my life back in one pile so I can start stacking them up again.

In the next few months I hope to have things running more smoothly, until then Im taking it one day at a time.

I shall endeavor to update once things start getting closer.

.. also

Warmest Thanks to the entire community for all the wonderful comments and compliments on Film-O-Clean that I have seen online and in print - so earnestly appreciated as Film-O-Clean is primarily a labor of love. Your support has been wholly encouraging, Thanks is not a large enough word.

- Roy

Roy Neil
Neil Research Laboratories

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 02, 2013 04:06 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy,

I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulties. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Looking forward to having you back full time.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2013 09:20 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Roy, I wasn't having a dig, and I am really glad to hear you are back on deck and hope the bulk of your troubles are behind you.
I just couldn't put off my project any longer, I have a huge backlog to get through and started looking for alternative solutions (pardon the pun!)

I'll drop you a line again as I would really prefer to grab a film-o-clean and the conversion for 16mm & 8mm than any other system. It really does look like the perfect thing.

I'm in Australia, I can add stuff to the cart on the Film-Supply website, but can't find the button to actually checkout and purchase.

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2013 01:23 AM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pete,

Please .. no harm no foul .. if anyone is apologetic it should be me. Your post was fine, and I took no offense from it whatsoever.. besides, hasnt anyone told you the customer is always right ?

Currently Wittner-Cinetec should be able to supply what you need immediately, or, you may order directly once our website is updated. Australia is in both our territories, EU is strictly Wittner-Cinetec territory.

The website uses the USPS postage module, which has expired. The friend who helped me put the site together has been too busy to work on it and as such it is still not functional.

Considering I am a software developer you would think I could handle the website myself .. although the computer field has become worse than the medical field. Specializing in C++, digital video graphics and User Interface design has been my 'field' and I need to spend time to get up to speed in HTML and PHP and all the other aspects of website development .. which is not as difficult yet requires an investment of time which right now is my most precious commodity.

Regardless, the website will probably be the last link in the chain to be completed; and once that is up and running things should be running much more smoothly.

.. and there will be new additions to the product line, and with that tease I will let your imaginations run wild [Smile]

[ Pete you also mentioned needing FilmGuard, that is not my product and should be available immediately. Let me know if you need help purchasing and I will see what I can do. We are presently out of stock however I may be able to make an arrangement ]

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 04, 2013 03:47 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Roy Neil...the Wizard of that other Menlo Park!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2013 04:40 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks so much Roy, I would rather order from you in the US, Europe is much more costly and tricky for stuff into Oz.
If you can send me an email or a PM or something, I'd like to order straight away. It is for wetgate use mostly, so whichever fluid performs well in that context suits me fine.
My email is peter (at) mudgee dot net.
Cheers, and I hope you are on the mend!

-Pete

Roy Neil
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2013 02:17 PM      Profile for Roy Neil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wizard ?

" Ignore the man behind the curtain ... Doug Meltzer is the real Great and Powerful Oz ! "

Although I am highly honored to be compared with Edison.. you do him no justice with your compliments [Smile]

... and will do Pete - if anyone out there wants to reach me the best email to use right now is videoglue at hotmail com

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC