8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » b&h projector take up reel

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: b&h projector take up reel
Frances Musser
Junior

- posted July 01, 2013 02:24 PM      Profile for Frances Musser   Email Frances Musser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a B&H model#qx80 design 1464.It's a sweet looking projector,the take up reel does no move when you turn on the power the auto loader works fine...any help? thank you

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 01, 2013 03:14 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frances,

Welcome to the Forum! Are you trying to fix your projector or sell it? I ask this because you posted in the For Sale/Trade section.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted July 01, 2013 03:37 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frances...I had a QX80 and several other similar B&H Lumina Series models. The main problem with these machines is that the belts go bad as they age. That wouldn't be so difficult to fix except replacing belts on these models is nearly impossible. I ended taking apart a whole machine and never figured out how to easily get the belts on and off. You could buy a belt material kit http://www.urbanskifilm.com/projectors.html that has rubber belt material you can cut to length and seal the ends together to make your own belt.

[ July 01, 2013, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC