8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » FOR SALE: MINT retail boxed Canon AF 514 X-LS Super 8 cameras from 1983

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FOR SALE: MINT retail boxed Canon AF 514 X-LS Super 8 cameras from 1983
Bill Rodgers
Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2013 06:12 AM      Profile for Bill Rodgers   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Rodgers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MINT condition Canon AUTO FOCUS Super 8 cameras (with perfectly clear lenses and fully functioning) with original accessories, instructions plus original retail boxes and packaging.

£200 GB Pounds each plus shipping. [Smile]

http://twitpic.com/d41cf3/full

|  IP: Logged

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2013 05:36 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I bought my Cosina 204XL in 1979, it was the latest thing in Super 8, taking 200ft cartridges as well as the standard 50ft. it retailed at £250, and I paid £199, from Perry's Movies.
Unfortunately, sound cameras are worth very little now, I have even seen the Beaulei going cheap. Although I can run silent film in my camera, it will run at 20 and 26 fps, instead of 18 and 24. So now it's lying in a spare room in fab condition along with 2 unused Ektachrome Sound cartridges with an expiry date of 1987.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 23, 2013 11:08 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I wrote in another topic, there is a British company (but I don't remember the name) that offers Super 8 black and white sound cartridges. As they explain on their site, they are out dated (from a specific year) Kodak sound cartridges that they process in black and white (reversal). This is of course expensive but could be usefull for someone who needs sync sound or just wishes to use his sound camera once again...

--------------------
Dominique

Bill Rodgers
Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2013 07:46 AM      Profile for Bill Rodgers   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Rodgers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*** One now sold, taking offers on the second one. [Smile] ***

What UK company produces B&W Super 8 sound film?

I've only ever seen the odd old K40 and E160 sound cartridge on eBay (with 90's expiry dates), I've never seen any new sound stock.

The Canon AF 514 XL-S was £260 in 1980, though these examples from 1983 have price labels for £269.99 . [Cool]

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2013 08:31 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you can always goes OLDSCHOOL by using a sync tape.
and record on a tape. like they did on the early Star Wars 200ft release.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 25, 2013 08:46 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, I don't remember the name of the company, I came across their site by chance, looking for something else. I tried to find them back but I couldn't. I am limited at the moment to my mobile phone to surf on the Net. It is, as I wrote, oudated Kodak sound cartridges from a specific year (because they made tests and this year batch had constant results). They can process the cartridges but in black and white. Maybe someone known the name of the company and could give the link to their site.

--------------------
Dominique

Bill Rodgers
Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2013 06:39 AM      Profile for Bill Rodgers   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Rodgers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Dominique, I'd honestly like to think that I would have found or heard of any current producers of Super 8 sound stock; especially here in the UK. [Confused]

However, if anyone knows of any please say? As I'd truly love to shoot some. I used to shoot Super 8 sound films on a regular basis.

http://www.twitpic.com/926o9b

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 26, 2013 08:40 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to recall that topic.

If I remember right these are actually old Kodachrome sound cartridges that they are processing as black and white reversal.

I never shot sound film, and wonder what it would have been like!

I can just imagine you are shooting some really perfect scene and some rube walks up next to you mid-shot and asks "Are you takin' pictures?!"

(Scene One, Take TWO!)

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bill Rodgers
Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2013 09:43 AM      Profile for Bill Rodgers   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Rodgers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still spot the odd cart of sound stock on eBay.

I've shot a few with 90's expiry dates, with varying end results.

I used to sometimes shoot 200 K40 carts in my Nizo 6080, they had a habit of jamming though.

[Roll Eyes]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 09:49 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, do you remember the name of the company ? I found their site by chance and cannot find it again via google.

--------------------
Dominique

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 26, 2013 01:40 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the conversation, somewhere, recently...and it had to be on a film discussion board because nobody around me ever talks about this stuff! (This is why we have film conventions...)

-but as much as I dig, I can't seem to find the thread.

At least if I was going to hallucinate, it would be something I'd really want like "New color reversal" or "Vast warehouse full of new Elmo projectors and spares found!".

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bill Rodgers
Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 05:08 AM      Profile for Bill Rodgers   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Rodgers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are new colour reversal stocks coming out, including 200D. [Cool]

Bill Rodgers
Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2013 05:44 AM      Profile for Bill Rodgers   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Rodgers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still taking offers on the last one! [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC