8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Color Correction Filters F/S (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Color Correction Filters F/S
Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2017 12:17 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gilbert and Luigi, thanks for your order.

You should use one filter at a time taped to the side of the projector or onto the lens. I discovered that the green one works well on pink or sepia Eastman, the light blue works well on fair color Eastman or SP.

The cyan transparency works best on Agfa and Fuji that is faded purple. However, there are no rules...try until you find the right one.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 21, 2017 12:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be very curious to as to how well they will work on my optical feature of "Gorky Park"! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 23, 2017 11:24 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gerlad, could you please contact me? There was a slip-up with the shipping.

Sincerely OSI

--------------------

Gerald Santana
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 23, 2017 12:33 PM      Profile for Gerald Santana   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Osi,

Not sure what stock Gorky Park if there is still some color left, the light blue one should be alright.

My apologies about your receiving post office with a postage due sticker, all of the envelopes I sent out were weighed and accepted as machinable.

If there are any problems with anyone out there receiving an envelope with a "postage due" stamp, please send me a photograph of the envelope (if you paid extra) so the matter can be looked into and corrected.

Lots of you should be receiving them by now or any day now. If there appears to be a recurring problem with the envelope I'm sending now, I will have to charge the difference of an additional $1-2 in shipping for anyone else that may want them in the future.

But, as of now the price remains the same...so enjoy.

--------------------
http://lostandoutofprintfilms.blogspot.com/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted February 23, 2017 12:41 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll get that photo to you tomorrow, (I'm at the library at the moment with no cell phone to take a photo on me). The only annoying thing was having to walk down to the post office to get my filters ...

But I have them now and eager to check out Gorky! It does have most of it's color, just the blacks aren't perfect. [Smile]

--------------------

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2018 02:41 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where do you order the filters ?

Thank you.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted January 30, 2018 02:59 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, you can PM Gerald Santana to see if he has any of his gels left. If not, there is a guy on Ebay selling a set with a holder he'll customize the size for your projector or just get the 16mm size.

https://www.ebay. com/itm/16mm-film-COLOR-CORRECTION-FILTER-made-to-fit-any-16MM-PROJECTOR-LENS-even-SCOPE/202193855218?hash=item2f13b162f2:g:lIsAAMXQySpRVHdX

[ January 30, 2018, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2018 08:15 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Janice [Smile]

Gary P Cohen
Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2018 08:34 AM      Profile for Gary P Cohen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered the filter set from the eBay seller who was adapting the holder to my Elmo GS-1200 lens. I'll report back once I get it and screen a few faded film favorites!
Gary

Simon Balderston
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2018 03:05 PM      Profile for Simon Balderston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi gerald havs sent pm thanks simon

--------------------
kinema king

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC