8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted. Eumig S938 Belts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted. Eumig S938 Belts
Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2014 08:49 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where I can get belts for the Eumig S938 Super8 projector?

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 06:53 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
If you are after the toothed drive belt Pete, stocks have long since dried up with all of the dealers I know of. They were patented by Eumig at the time of manufacture and as I have said many times on here in the past 12 months or so, this is one of the reasons why I cannot find it easy to recommend these lovely machines to anyone any longer.

Your best bet is to try and find another S938 for spares including the very vulnerable sound heads on these.

For anyone with a sizeable valued collection these days, I feel this really is the time to be looking to invest in some of the few machines that you can still buy new spare parts for before even they all disappear forever.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2014 07:42 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone measure the profile of the tooth/valley configuration of one of these belts, with the number of teeth, and publish the results on here?

Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2014 07:46 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pete I do have a genuine spare toothed belt for the Eumig S 938 (which is the same as the lower end models). I bought it new in the early 90s. I tried to contact you via PM but my message didn't seem to go through. If interested, drop me a line at maurizio_dicintio@fastwebnet.it
Please note: this is not a salvaged belt: it's old new stock, it's never seen a pulley to date because it's been sitting on the shelf of my spares for Eumig projectors for more than 20 years. I still have it simply because despite heavy usage of my projectors, I have never needed replacing this part (indeed I find it strange yours needs replacement...).

--------------------
Maurizio

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 10:10 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have it Maurizio if Pete doesn't take it. I'll have a go Martin when I next dig the machine out. I must admit it doesn't get much use at all these days with having two other much better machines.

[ September 12, 2014, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 13, 2014 02:16 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Won't the 3D printers be able to manufacture things like that (if they cannot already do that) ?

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 13, 2014 03:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No Dominique, still in it's infancy regarding "working" parts with a certain type of plastic with decent elasticity properties. Models, yes, working parts, not yet sadly in most cases.

Cannot even manufacture working nylon cams yet that have decent wear properties. When the technology allows this will be a real coup for us collectors!

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 13, 2014 04:27 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's keep our fingers crossed !

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC