8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Spare Parts & Lamp for Goko RM-8008

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spare Parts & Lamp for Goko RM-8008
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 16, 2014 03:12 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I am seeking a couple of parts for a Goko editor if anyone should happen to have an old spare parts machine etc that they are prepared to break.

In particular I require any 6v 10w BA 15s Halogen (not candescent) lamps that may be around.

Also any plastic switch buttons (white or red)

Also any black temporary recording knobs that join Aux 1 to Aux 2 via the rubber belt for stereo matched level recording.

And finally, the official Goko cleaning attachment that fits the hotshoe.

Please let me know if you have any old odd bits and bobs lay idle. Thanks

Good price paid for any of the above mentioned spares or any others of interest.

[ December 16, 2014, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2014 04:41 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cleaning attachment is also to be found with the ELMO logo:
it's the same item. Or does it have to be marked GOKO?

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 16, 2014 05:15 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No no Martin, if the Elmo is identical that would be fine thanks.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 17, 2014 01:49 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone?

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 17, 2014 05:30 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to keep this current, surely someone on here has a knackered Goko editor? ... The world is a very big place!

[ January 06, 2015, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2014 01:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew
I have a couple of boxes of new spares for Goko editors so should be able to help you with new parts rather than used ones.
I can sort them out over the Christmas / New Year holiday - I plan to make up a few service kits for the high end Goko models - comprising of mirrors, rollers, belts, etc. I also have a spares 8008 to use to help identify the parts (they are mainly stored in unmarked plastic bags / envelopes) so with a bit of luck your machine will be fully fixable.
Just a note about the Goko / Elmo cleaners - I really would only want one to make the editor accessories complete rather than using it to clean films as they really do not work well with today's lubricant type film cleaning solutions. You would be much better off saving your money for the superb Film-O-Clean web type cleaner.
Kevin.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2014 02:31 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin is right about the Cleaner. It's not really an effective "cleaner".... but it is ideal for removing dust from films.
I use one mounted on top of my "Transfer Camera" to remove dust and hairs from the film before it enters the projector mechanism. I brush the removable velvet pads clean between reels and it works a treat.

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 18, 2014 04:29 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
that's fantastic news Kevin! Thank you very much.I will forget the cleaning aid then Kevin if you know they are of little use. Please just let me know once you have had Chance to look through your spares,no rush thanks.

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 18, 2014 02:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Btw Kevin the editor is in full working order but would like a full set of original accessories and a few spare plastic knobs as well as the upgraded halogen lamps to gain the extra brightness.

--------------------

Heinrich Kronschlaeger
Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2014 01:33 AM      Profile for Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Email Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,
I own several of the sound viewers Goko 8008 and Erno 904. I`m interested in spare parts, if it is possible to send the parts to AUSTRIA.
I am looking for the little motor control board ( one of the Goko 8008 doesn`t run, but the motor itself and the sound,play and record, of this machine are OK ),
the rubber pinch-roller,
the central knob and
the belts.
If it is possible to send the parts to Austria, I would send you photos of the parts I need.
Kind regards
Henry

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC