8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Elmo GS1200 great condition $850.00

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo GS1200 great condition $850.00
Julie Smith
Junior

- posted February 08, 2015 07:03 PM      Profile for Julie Smith   Email Julie Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an Elmo GS 1200 for sale, it is from Germany so I bought a step up step down transformer to make sure I could run it. Everything is in good working order, it has the original manual (in German) and has been well cared for. I am wanting putting it on here before Ebay and I want $850.00..please email me with any questions and I will provide pictures, videos etc, Thank you
I think I posted on the incorrect blog new to me so not paying enough attention !!!

--------------------
julie smith

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 08, 2015 08:24 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Julie,

I deleted the other posting. Best of luck on your sale!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Julie Smith
Junior

- posted February 09, 2015 06:34 AM      Profile for Julie Smith   Email Julie Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you

--------------------
julie smith

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2015 06:35 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would you be interested in shipping to Australia?

Gus Mikszan
Junior

- posted April 16, 2015 05:38 PM      Profile for Gus Mikszan   Email Gus Mikszan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious how the step down transformer worked out for you? Does the projector support 60 Hz operation? I am weary of units that were made for 50 Hz specifically as the motor will probably change speed if powered at the wrong frequency.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 17, 2015 07:45 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gus, the motor is not mains frequency sensitive: that's because it is a DC motor, electronically controlled, with function generator. What you mention happens with AC motors.

--------------------
Maurizio

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 17, 2015 09:37 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes like the difference between the Bauer T600 and the Bauer T610. The 600 uses an asynchronous motor which gets its speed off the herz. So when you use the projector it will always play fast if it was designed to work off of 50hz and is used in a country where the HZ is 60. But with the 610 it uses a DC motor where the HZ doesn't matter so it will play at the correct speed regardless of the country its in. think that's right?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 17, 2015 06:56 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Rik you are right except you are quoting the UNIT of electrical Alternating Current by which an a.c. motor is governed, rather than the actual force which governs an A.C. Induction Motor which is the FREQUENCY of electrical alternating current.

Frequency when applied in terms of an AC current, is how many times per second the wave form alternates from +1 per second to -1 per second.

ie, a 2 pole ac 3 Phase induction motor rotates @3000rpm.
Why? Because it has 1 north pole and 1 south pole in every revolution that it makes.

Given that an A.C. Sinusoidal Wave Form consists of either 50 or 60 individual North & South Poles,dependant on your location in the world, in every one second due to the reciprocating sinusoidal wave form, it can be deduced that a 2 pole, 3 phase a.c. induction motor running at synchronous speed therefore rotates at 50 Cycles Per Second or 50Hz (Uk Mains Frequency) x 60 (seconds per minute) which equals 3000 RPM.

Similarly, in the U.S. A 2 Pole, 3 Phase A.C Induction Motor whose Electrical Mains Frequency is 60Hz (60 Cycles Per Second), will travel at a synchronous speed of 3600RPM due to the calculation of North & South Poles being 60Hz ( 60 North & South Poles Per Second) x 60 (seconds in a Minute of time).

Therefore as 4 Pole, 3 Phase a.c Induction Motor has twice as many poles, ie 2 Norths and 2 Souths, then it takes the 50 or 60hz Mains Frequency twice as long to complete one singular rotation.

Therefore the Synchronous Speeds for a 3 Phase 4 Pole motor are in the UK, 1500 RPM and in the U.S. 1800 RPM and so on as the number of poles expand ie 8 pole UK a.c. induction 3 phase motor =750 RPM Synchronous speed vs 900 RPM U.S. Synchronous Speed...

and so on and so forth...

The same principles apply to single phase A.C. Electrical Motors except they need a phase shift (or lag) to get them going I.e at least two phases or a capacitor to cause a phase shift.
Once locked on at synchronous speed they can happily run on just the one phase which is why the Cap Start method is used just for that... starting the motor.

[ April 17, 2015, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 17, 2015 09:04 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! I knew you would know. [Smile] That is a lot of information there.
I found out the hard way when I had a Bauer T600 and I was informed that it needed a US motor. The kind Derek Simmons once posted an ad for me in his newsletter where he asked if anyone had a US motor for a Bauer T600 projector for me.
Really great, great guy.

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 02:13 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am using a step up/down transformer for my Fumeo bought over seas. I run the projector at 18fps to make up for the 50 to 60hz difference, it works out well.

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 03:42 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew,
Since when was "HZ" or "HERZ" NOT the "frequency" of electric alternating current? "Hertz" is the modern term for "cycles per second".

Rik, you used the right term. Either that, or I totally wasted my time over the last 60 plus years!
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 18, 2015 04:06 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes of course, quite right Martin, I was just saying to Rik that it's the frequency of the waveform that governs the speed,with a simplistic explanation as to why. Hz are simply the units it is measured in.
Martin we could talk about resultant vectors etc but as said it was just to give Rik an understanding, that's all.

--------------------

Martin Jones
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 18, 2015 04:42 AM      Profile for Martin Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think he already understood, otherwise he wouldn't have actually used the CORRECT term!
I'm afraid your convoluted (not simplistic to people without technical knowledge) explanation would only tend to confuse many members. Most already seem to understand that projector with AC motors run faster on 60Hz mains than they do on 5ohZ mains, and vice versa.
He certainly did!!
Martin

--------------------
Retired TV Service Engineer
Ongoing interest in Telecine....

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 18, 2015 05:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Martin, quite correct, just offering a simplistic explanation in layman's terms to why that is, that's all [Smile]

[ April 18, 2015, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 18, 2015 08:07 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,
I do appreciate the actual extra information! Its never too late to learn something new from someone who knows more...its the way we all learn more! No worries. [Smile]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted April 18, 2015 08:19 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I always look upon new knowledge given to me, in exactly the same manner Rik.
I am fascinated with the knowledge that's out there from members of the forum. There appears nothing about films and associated equipment that someone on here doesn't know, it's just fantastic!! [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC