8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » For sale: Elmo GS 1200 xenon. Totally refurbished SOLD (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: For sale: Elmo GS 1200 xenon. Totally refurbished SOLD
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 02, 2016 04:58 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not from the print being printed Tom. It is definitely from the film being damaged.

I've got prints that my own ST 1200s have done this to before I learned my lesson!
Some were immaculate beforehand.

My theory of it is one I cannot easily describe but will have to use photographs of the actual part I see as the main culprit.

I will explain further when I can photograph it when I next have an optical sound movie evening.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 02, 2016 05:19 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
defiantly be interested to see the pics please. im very curious.
We had a b&h filmosonic once, it was a brand new machine and it put a green tram-line all the way through a brand new 400 foot film,when we took the machine back they tried to say the film must have been already scratched as they couldn't find anything wrong,
suffice to say we never touched another b&h again, it certainly does put you off so i fully understand your mis trust on this.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 02, 2016 05:33 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
If I hadn't had as many as I have had over the years, I wouldn't be so quick to point out these watch outs, as I'd just put it down to me having a worn out lemon of a machine.

But the fact I've now had five bites at the cherry, all in reasonable, or better still excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition, means I have come to the conclusions I have got now Tom.

I'm certain, given your time in the hobby, and obtaining those vital brand new spares when you could from Hanimex, has served you very well indeed here.

What we all have to remember now whenever we recommend anything, is the all important spares simply are not often available, certainly not brand new and unused anyhow.

This was primarily my main reason for pursuing the purchase of a Beaulieu projector a few years back, simply because there was no other projector on the market which could guarantee me the same level of support.

I had the first T610 already and I was happy, but even these are not easy to find brand new spare parts for although I have been lucky enough to find the essentials back then.

Not as easy now though I must say, and that was only 4 or 5 years ago.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 03, 2016 01:35 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must agree having the spares has pretty much kept me in good luck. I guess its a bit like anything mechanical, if parts are worn and no new is availible then problems will occur. I know my Brother loves his eumigs because they are so kind to his films.
I certainly wish i bought many more items.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC