8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » For Sale. Sankyo 800 with F1.0 Hi Pro Zoom and case

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For Sale. Sankyo 800 with F1.0 Hi Pro Zoom and case
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2016 10:15 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent condition with minimal signs of wear in full working order of course and with 800ft take up reel and power cord.

This comes with the much loved and searched for F1.0 High Pro Zoom lens and has the original fitted case (which is showing some signs of age).

Photos added.

Reduced to £299. A bargain considering this has the 1.0 lens and is in great shape

Thanks

-
 -
 -
 -
 - [IMG]http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/showpic.cgi?dir=uploads0503&file=IMG_1702.j pg[/IMG]

[ March 19, 2016, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Tony Milman ]

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 19, 2016 10:04 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now a reduction to the price and some pictures to save me from eBay but I will be listing it tomorrow.....

--------------------
Tony

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 19, 2016 07:16 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with the sale. The sound of the Sankyo 800 is really great. With the 1.0 lens its a sleeper of a machine. Bright image, sharp contrasty picture and the sound. Did I mention the sound? Really rich and smooth-. I better stop...I'm going to want it!!

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2016 12:49 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never owned that particular model but it's great it takes 800ft reels! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2016 01:36 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan. You may have talked me into keeping it just in case .........
And I've been told it's very kind to film too.
I think it uses the same motor as the GS1200?

--------------------
Tony

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 20, 2016 07:51 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes you are correct on both points. It is a stellar machine.

Del Phillipson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2016 07:54 AM      Profile for Del Phillipson   Email Del Phillipson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tony, I'm 50/50 on keeping mine too. I have just received my Bauer T610 back from a rebuild by Bill so really it's surplus to requirements but have to admit I love the little beauty, Del.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 20, 2016 08:13 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is with the standard lens it is a very good machine. But with the 1.0 lens its up there with the GS1200 and the Bauer T610/510. And with proper care they seem to live forever with no problems-.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 20, 2016 11:02 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,
Your so right. It just purrs and so kind to film. I have the GS1200 that I shall be parting with so I think I will retain the little 800. The GS is great but it takes up too much space and is too heavy to lug around. I love the 1.0 elmo lens and the 1.1 schneider too but the high pro on the Sankyo is certainly up there.
Tony

--------------------
Tony

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted March 20, 2016 08:37 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I often wonder how I will hoist my GS or the Beaulieu up on the projector stand when I get older. Those machines- while I do really love them are heavy. The Beaulieu Hti is very heavy!!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 04:24 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
My advice to Del and Tony on this one is, if you have any doubts whatsoever right now, don't sell it!

You will struggle to find these again with a hi pro lens, so until sure, keep it.

Far better than relying on one or two machines max, i'd say.

"Act in haste, repent in leisure" as they say! [Wink]

The Bauer's are beauty's Del, but they are not infallible and therefore they will need work carrying out at some point in the future, just like all other projectors.

Best to always ensure you have one or two options at all times for when one is away for repair if you think you will continue collecting and watching Super 8.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 05:05 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know the feeling Tony, a great deal to be said for smaller light weight machines particularly if we go out to give shows. I've started to use my 2-blade Eumig more and more myself when out and about as the GS lifting exercise although a great fitness work out is quite a lift at 17kgs.
[Eek!]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 02:18 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to think I'd have to be a very old man indeed before placing the Beaulieu on its perch becomes an issue.

When it does, God help me with the kamcase!😂

It's around 27kgs and resides upstairs Ha ha ha.

-

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 03:01 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew, when I had my slip disc, I could not lift anything heavy, si it's not a question of age ;-) I still have to be careful as the doctor advised me to avoid too hard efforts during one year after the operation.

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 21, 2016 03:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed Dominique, you take care my friend. [Smile]

If I ever suffer from similar, I couldn't do my job, so lifting is always something I try to do every time, by the book.
Back straight and let the leg muscles take the strain of the initial lift up to the chest, always keeping the load as close to the body as possible.

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 04:03 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here Dom thanks to 'The Revenge of the Kineton 35mm projector attack' we are not all super fit like Andy sorry to say.

Bit of a small picture Andy with all that kit! [Big Grin]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 05:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ha. Take care Lee. [Wink]
I can assure you Lee, I'm anything but super fit given my 20 a day for 30 years bad habit of a bygone era! Ha ha ha.

Thinking of you Dom from today's alarming atrocity, once again!!

Stay safe my friend! [Confused]

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 05:31 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Andrew. A disaster. Brussels is under alert once again :-(

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 09:55 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Take great care Dominique and try not to allow these cowards to grind you down! [Confused] [Confused] [Mad]

--------------------

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 22, 2016 12:02 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae" (from all people of Gaule, Belgians are the braver" Julius Caesar [Wink]

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC