8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Fujica 2-track sound splicer user manual

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fujica 2-track sound splicer user manual
Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2017 05:17 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have manual in english or italian language for "Fujica 2-track sound splicer" in PDF or other digital scan?
Thank you! [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 10, 2017 03:47 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luigi, I do have the English/French/German/Spanish version of the manual. I'll scan it over the weekend. Please send an email to:
jmtoussaint (at) grindcavecinema (dot) com

I love this splicer...

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2017 05:24 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Jean-Marc, I write to you right now!

I really like this splicer too, I also have the "normal" version and Deluxe of this splicers serie, at my opinion the best tape splicer for Super8

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 10, 2017 02:28 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Manual sent! Enjoy.

--------------------

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2017 04:38 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A public thanks to Jean-Marc, excellent scanning, really nice!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 11, 2017 06:32 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am just wondering why it is called two track splicer? What make it different with the other common splicers?

--------------------
Winbert

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2017 07:17 AM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, it's a Super 8 tape splicer (usually using a specific tape produced by Fuji) that leaves space also for the balance stripe, in contrast to other models, also of the same Fuji, that leave only space for the main track. [Smile]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 11, 2017 10:39 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Luigi,

But how can it be? If both sides have some spaces for the tracks then how it can stick together. My best knowledge, the cellotape used to splice is done by folding it between the frames.

Can you post a picture of that cellotape please?

Thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 12, 2017 04:12 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

A very clever system. The film is prepared on a base plate that can be flipped 180°. Once the pre-perforated tape is applied to the emulsion side, the cut that's being made will not only trim the tape but will also cut the piece that will be applied between the tracks. You flip the base plate, position the new piece of tape with a special lever, apply some pressure and voilà. tape is on both sides. Some Wurker and Braun splicers featured similar systems but used proprietary patches of tape covering two frames instead of one. Having both a Wurker and a Fujica splicer, I find the Fujica version easier to use.

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 12, 2017 07:31 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks JM,

It means the tape is spesically designed for this splicer, so we cannot use that ordinary cellotape for whatever the reason, right?.

Can we re-open (peeled) the tape when it has been pressed?

ceheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 13, 2017 02:59 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, yes you need special Fujica perforated tape to go with this splicer. And it's easy to peel.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC