8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Anamorphic Lens Wanted (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Anamorphic Lens Wanted
John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2017 04:14 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,can anyone help me,i want to buy an anamorphic lens with a 42mm rear shaft diameter to fit into a 42mm scope bracket.Must be a good clean one with no scratches on the lens,Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 24, 2017 07:01 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe an Isco at this size John?

Not easily found however nor cheap. [Eek!]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 25, 2017 07:21 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John, I have one with 52mm availbale for sale but not 42mm. Are you sure with the number?

--------------------
Winbert

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 25, 2017 07:45 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
42mm do exist, they are just rare and expensive typically, just because of who makes these, their top notch quality typically and the scarcity of finding them.

John has just sold one of similar rear barrel diameter to that of which you are now offering him Winbert.

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2017 11:23 AM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Wilbert and Andrew,i,ll just have to keep on looking.Hope someone can help,regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 25, 2017 12:53 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I will keep a look out for any that surface for you John.

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2017 01:15 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew,i hope i can get one,i have sent you the tracking number for the bracket by email,regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 25, 2017 01:23 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Top man John! [Wink]

I will wade through them all later!, [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 04:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Scope lens bracket arrived and is now fitted thanks John.

All was perfect in every way thanks John, from service to product. Top Man [Smile] [Wink]

-

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2017 04:39 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great Andrew,glad everything went ok,emailed Phil at Classic,hope he,s got a 42mm rear end diameter scope lens for me,regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 04:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm made up for you John! [Smile] [Smile] [Wink]

What machine are you needing a 42mm rear barreled scope lens for John?

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2017 05:03 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew,i have got a 42mm Beaulieu scope bracket,just need the lens,regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 05:34 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Proskar scope lens that fitted my own but I wouldn't recommend one of those John. The Kowa is now far sharper.

I'm still nowhere near to being fully converted so far as scope is concerned on super 8mm, and give me a flat version of any film any day of the week, but there is no doubt in my mind that I have made the right decision just before "Lady & The Tramp" season, that the Kowa was the way forward for myself.

Beaulieu always recommended an Isco scope lens to use with their machines and their in house fitted brackets, and no doubt these would probably bring about some of the very best images possible from a Beaulieu in scope, but I am happy now to have finally given my Kowa 8-Z a frequent place to visit in conjunction with my Beaulieu Stereo.

It is a step up from my Proskar albeit nowhere near as sharp as watching Aladdin in flat [Wink]

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2017 05:54 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew,like i said to you before you bought the bracket from me,i was very happy with the Kowa scope lens i sold to Rik.If the bracket would have slid into the Beaulieu 708 accessory shoe i would have not sold it,it was a great scope lens,aaah there you go,regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 26, 2017 06:34 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Horses for courses John, as always.

Tonight has been a real philosophical eye opener so far as this entire bizarre hobby of ours is concerned.

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2017 07:04 PM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew,like the great WC FIELDS said, " Don,t be a Luddy Duddy don,t be a Mooncalf,don,t be a Jabbanowl your not those are you." regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 27, 2017 05:00 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
There is bracket available from FFR as I'm sure you are aware John, that allows a 52.4mm rear barrel Kowa 8-Z to slide into the existing shoe on the Beaulieu.
It is the type with the cut out in the ring.

I don't believe this will get the large lens as close to the primary lens as the original 42mm scope bracket allows though.

By using these larger lenses, there really is hardly any clearance between the bottom of the lens and the machines body work just where the 45 degree chamferred edge of the casting exists.

This therefore offers some restrictions as to how close to the primary lens you can mount the large scope lenses.

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 05:09 AM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Andrew,yes i did know,thank you. Phil from Classic just emailed me,he said none in stock but scope lenses come in every week,so i will hang on,regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 27, 2017 05:17 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
What type do you seek?
You could have the Proskar if you wanted it but i am not certain youd be 100% happy with it.
Its ok but i rate the kowa as better.

There are images here of it in place on my Beaulieu if you wanted to see how it appears once fitted closer to the primary lens.

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 05:51 AM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew ijust want the CINEMASCOPE effect,so any make of lens.about 3 years ago i went to Phils shop,i bought a Iscomorphot s8/2x Isco-Gottingen for my Elmo st-1200,it does not need a bracket,it just fits into the front of the projectors standard lens,it works well,regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 27, 2017 09:04 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Are your Isco lenses not the right size then John to use with your Beaulieu?

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 09:26 AM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Andrew,with a bit of luck i may be in Blackpool on the sunday morning of the film convention so i will take the 42mm Beaulieu bracket with me,you never know,regards John.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 27, 2017 10:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The one recommended in the Beaulieu sales brochure for the Stereo model was an Isco. I must look up the actual model name they recommended to remind myself.

I know when I looked for a while, I was never able to find one.
I think the same lens is very popular with DSLR photographers and therefore commands premium price levels when they appear.

I think Ian at Perry's had one for sale once on ebay a few years back.

--------------------

John Fields Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 10:47 AM      Profile for John Fields Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Andrew for all your time and help,your a real gent,best regards John. [Wink]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 27, 2017 12:16 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
An Iscorama it was John. I looked at the sales booklet again to remind myself.

See if you can find something like this but if time passes and you can't find anything, there is always my Proskar lens here if you ever fancied it. [Wink]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC