8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Rewind arms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rewind arms
Thomas Edwards
Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2017 02:09 AM      Profile for Thomas Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I now have a problem of 16mm rewind Arms all I need is The Super 8 adapters.

|  IP: Logged

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2017 03:15 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the adapters that I use -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-8mm-ADAPTER-for-5-16-in-SHAFT-REWIND/201597354195?hash=item2ef02380d3:g:vLEAAMXQNbxReyQQ. eBay.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2017 08:34 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would ask a lot of questions regarding that link and Ebay sale.

The first picture the dog pin that grabs the reel is missing or broken. The other pictures the dog pin is correctly shown.

You can get a pair of brass adapters for under $80.00. The auction is for only one brass adapter.

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 09:26 AM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You can get a pair of brass adapters for under $80.00.
From whom?

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 10:17 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try Steve Osborne at The Reel Image. His contact info is in the sales threads under film sellers/dealers at the top of the section.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted December 26, 2017 11:12 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Van Eck in The Netherlands offer a pair in brass for 69 EU.
https://shop.van-eck.net/SF-0279.html?_globalsearch=sf-0279

--------------------
Maurice

Glenn Brady
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 03:57 PM      Profile for Glenn Brady   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Brady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Try Steve Osborne at The Reel Image.
He's got them, but they're $89.95 a pair (plus shipping, presumably).

quote:
Van Eck in The Netherlands offer a pair in brass for 69 EU
I bought a pair of these, but they fit neither my Moviola nor my Neumade 16mm rewinds.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2017 06:34 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't sure what Steve's price was now...I bought a pair from him but it was about 10 years ago. The ones I have work fine on my neumade rewinds.

Actually if you read the auction description they are not brass but aluminum. So the pictures shown in the auction are not accurate.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2017 08:36 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a pair of the brass adapters and Meopta rewinders from Edwin's website, and also a pair of the aluminum ones off of eBay. The brass slip on and off easily, a little too easily. When using, the reels tend to come off with the adapters. This can be a little annoying because they can't be adjusted. The advantage the aluminum ones have is that they can be tightened through a hole in the side with a small allen wrench...

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2017 11:32 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The brass ones I use have the set screw also.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2017 01:09 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting Bill...Edwin's doesn't have them [Frown]

-

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2017 03:56 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clarify I bought mine from The Reel Image about 10 years ago and they are brass and have the set screw and I use them a lot and have had no problems at all and they still look new.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC