8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Looking for a Projector Manual help needed!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a Projector Manual help needed!
Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2019 04:51 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all!
I am trying to locate a owner's manual for a Canon Cine Projector Model T-1. This projector was produced around 1972, and was their top of the line dual 8mm silent projector. I've tried numerous websites online as well as eBay. There doesn't seem to be any manuals offered online for this machine. I'm not sure why that is the case, unless this projector was made in low quantities. My machine works perfectly and I understand all the functions, but having a manual would be nice. If anyone knows of a place to try or has a copy please let me know! I have a thread here in the 8mm forum that shows the machine, and it's operation.
Thanks!

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 28, 2019 09:27 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shane, I just did a web search and ,like you, found no references to any instruction manuals for the Canon T-1. I would suggest you contact old timer camera anyway, as they may possibly be able to find something. Good luck.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2019 10:41 AM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Paul I will send them a message!

--------------------

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2019 09:28 AM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul I contacted Old Timer Camera and they don't have a manual for this projector. So the search continues! I'm starting to think there aren't any manual's available.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 29, 2019 09:36 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's beginning to look like you have acquired a rare projector Shane in which case, as well as being a great looking and performing machine, it has more value than you probably realized when you bought it. [Smile]
At this point it might be worth researching if it is similar to any other Canon projectors, such as perhaps a non-dual version of this machine, for which a manual may be available. I will do some more research and if I come up with anything I will post it here.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 29, 2019 09:50 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you asked van Eck? https://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=28&type=Cine%20Projector%20T-1

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2019 10:49 AM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul thanks again for your input on this matter! The T-1 is a well made machine, and was probably made in low numbers. I've researched other Canon machines and they are not similar to the T-1. The T-1's construction is all it's own!
Vidar, I haven't tried Van Eck. I've seen his information page for the T-1. Usually he will list the items he has for sale for a particular machine. However I should probably contact him just in case. The T-1 was a marketed projector, and the Canon online Museum page makes it seem like this projector was well received.
https://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/cine284.html

[ May 31, 2019, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Shane C. Collins ]

--------------------

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2019 09:20 AM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Van Eck looking for a manual. So far no luck! There has to be copies out there somewhere?

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 31, 2019 12:53 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is beginning to look like the search for the Dead Sea Scroll's. Hard to believe that someone can't help Shane out here.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 31, 2019 01:55 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shane
I read your link and see it says that your projector is the Super 8 version of the Regular 8 Canon Auto 8Z.
Oldtimer Cameras, here in the UK, can supply a manual for the latter model.
Do you think this might be of use to you?
https://www.camera-manual.com/model/canon-8-z-camera-manual-20299

--------------------
Maurice

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2019 07:46 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maurice I did see the Canon T-1 was developed from the similar Regular 8 Canon Auto 8Z. However there's not much about these projectors that are a like. Some of the hardware, etc is similar but the T-1 has different controls, motor, loading mechanism, etc. The 8Z is much taller than the T-1. Also the 8Z is from 63' where as the T-1 is from 72'.

--------------------

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 10, 2019 06:29 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still at it trying to locate a manual. So far no luck. I contacted a camera place in Oregon, and they basically told me they never had a manual for this machine. They suggested I tried emailing Canon themselves. So I decided to do just that a few minutes ago. I'm not getting my hopes up but you never know. Maybe just maybe they have a new/old stock manual laying around LOL.
Update: Canon replied to my email and informed me do to the age of this item the manual is no longer in stock. Well there you have it ha.

[ June 10, 2019, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Shane C. Collins ]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC