8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Goko RM-8008 Parts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goko RM-8008 Parts?
Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2019 10:03 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently received a bargain priced Goko RM-8008 off eBay and all works fine except the image jumps at about one second intervals. I think one of the drive gears in the gate assembly is cracked, or a cog is broken. Would anyone happen have a parts unit that would be willing to sell the film gate assembly? The part is held to the housing by 2 screws and contains the film sprocket and prism. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2019 02:15 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Burt! I heard parts are hard to find for this editor?maybe that's why you got it at a good Deal!

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted June 25, 2019 10:10 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leon, I was going to PM you but forgot You are the ELMO Man, not the GOKO Guy!

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 11:20 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burt, I used to have a junker! Of this nice editor so I can on longer find it! So I must have gotten rid of it! Again good luck!

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 03:58 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burton, unfortunately it's a known problem of this beautiful editor, a real factory defect.

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=008983#000001

I solved it by buying another similar editor but with broken audio and other broken things (paid 15 euro), but with the optical block in good state.

Otherwise... Ignacio Benedeti has solved with this methoh. Test it! [Smile]

http://mimundoensuper-8.blogspot.com/2016/11/moviola-goko-stereo-averia-inoportuna.html

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 11:49 PM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Luigi! Yes, that's the exact gear drive that is cracked on mine too. I will try the washer fix and see how it goes. I sure appreciate your post and the links to information specific to my problem. That's what being a member of this Forum is all about : Collectors helping Fellow Collectors!

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2019 09:31 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burt, does this part you are looking for fit the Elmo editor the sound model? You say its a gear? I might have that part! Reply!

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2019 10:33 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

This is the part and the gear has a split or crack. the main gear with the red knob. let me know if you find it. Thanks Leon.
( Photo by member Sven Zijlemaker ).

I could also use the part from an Elmo 912/S or swap out the entire optical block if it's in good shape.

[ June 29, 2019, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Burton Sundquist ]

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2019 09:53 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Burt, I just might have that part! I will pull it out and check it! Its from the 912S Elmo editor! I will let you know! ASAP!

Luigi Castellitto
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2019 02:44 PM      Profile for Luigi Castellitto   Email Luigi Castellitto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That piece could be the same, although the optical block from the outside looks identical, but it's not, the Goko has the NF system (with the great multifaces prsima!), the Elmo not. But the little wheel can be the same!

Burton Sundquist
Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2019 12:36 AM      Profile for Burton Sundquist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again Luigi! If I go for the assembly from the 912/S, I will be sure to swap the prism out for the 24 sided Goko.
I tried the washer fix and it improved a bit but still jumps. Now time for the gear replacement.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2019 12:45 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found the part Burt!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC