8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » Looking to buy Beaulieu 6000 7008 Camera

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking to buy Beaulieu 6000 7008 Camera
Richard Rivera
Junior

- posted October 13, 2019 04:58 PM      Profile for Richard Rivera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I’m looking to buy either a 7008/ 6008 Beaulieu Camera. Anyone know where to find one?

Thanks
Rich

|  IP: Logged

Guy Badger
Junior

- posted October 13, 2019 05:55 PM      Profile for Guy Badger   Email Guy Badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, I just listed a 6008 PRO on eBay. All functions tested and working.

Beaulieu 6008 PRO Super 8 Camera

I've owned it for about 6 months but haven't got any plans to use it for filming. Time to let it go to a new home. It's an amazing piece of Super 8 history.

Richard Rivera
Junior

- posted October 14, 2019 07:03 AM      Profile for Richard Rivera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy:

Thanks very much for telling me about this particular UK auction of your camera I have already so I will be bidding on it .

I do not see a buy it now option I assume then you have a reserve price perhaps if I knew what it was I could just buy it out right?

My question is does it run at 24 Crystal sink or 25 Crystal sink obviously 24 Crystal is what I need to confirm I suppose I could track down the Crystal module for 24 but would it work? I Should think so

[ October 14, 2019, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Richard Rivera ]

Guy Badger
Junior

- posted October 14, 2019 02:39 PM      Profile for Guy Badger   Email Guy Badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, I don't have experience of using crystal sync or double system filming with the 6008, but the PRO version obviously has the SQ (Synchro Quartz) setting switch for 24/25fps on the back and the SQ position on the speed setting dial. I know an external device is available but is this for upgrading the S model? I don't know why you would add crystal sync to a camera with crystal sync built in! I found the following on the Beaulieu Wikipedia page:

" In 1979 a new camera designed was introduced, the 6008 series, which added the ability to use the new 200' Super 8 sound cartridge; the camera was available in both Pro and S version one having crystal sync option in both 24 & 25 FPS and the second have single system audio."

Hope that helps, but I'm sure there are Beaulieu 6008 PRO users out there with far more knowledge of this camera than I have.

Richard Rivera
Junior

- posted October 15, 2019 01:10 PM      Profile for Richard Rivera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guy

No problem I think it is a crystal sync.

As to the price of the camera what were you asking for originally or are you still prefer to just deal with the UK auction as opposed to an outright purchase?

Rich

Guy Badger
Junior

- posted October 16, 2019 02:14 PM      Profile for Guy Badger   Email Guy Badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, I didn't have a price in mind so I'll let the auction run to the end and see what happens.

Guy Badger
Junior

- posted October 19, 2019 06:58 AM      Profile for Guy Badger   Email Guy Badger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard

Update on the Crystal Sync question for this camera. I managed to get hold of the manual and it explains that the built in Synchro Quartz, although very accurate, is not precise enough for frame accurate sync with double system sound.

The 6008 on auction has the standard SQ slider with the 24/25 fps option. For precise audio sync at 24fps you will need to get the Crystal Sync Module available from Wittner Cinetec.

Crystal Sync Module 24fps/60Hz 6008/7008 PRO

Hope that clears things up!

Richard Rivera
Junior

- posted October 20, 2019 05:34 PM      Profile for Richard Rivera     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lost the bidding on the auction by like $10.00

If you have any other super eight cameras please
let me know much obliged 🙂

Sincerely
Rich

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC