8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » King Kong 1933 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: King Kong 1933
Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted June 04, 2014 06:09 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have this the 6 400ft in original boxes had it off phil at chc superb print

|  IP: Logged

Towi contreras
Junior

- posted June 21, 2014 01:59 PM      Profile for Towi contreras   Author's Homepage   Email Towi contreras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this release on 5x400 reels and the quality is not so good, is not steady along the screening and the sharpness is poor....still is a jewel... [Frown]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted June 21, 2014 02:04 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Mountain print with all the deleted scenes and for the films age, I think it is quite good. Of course, that is always in the eye of the viewer. I am happy to have a title of a print in any condition. Then try to upgrade at a later time.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2014 12:49 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Larry said,the Nostalgia Merchant print was awful,but it did contain the censored scenes. I was lucky to find a copy,cheap, added the parts to my (exellent)6x400 Mountain print,...and sold the NM copy to a friend,who didn't mind the quality !!!!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 22, 2014 09:43 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, not ALL the deleted, spider pit still has to be had

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2015 08:39 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just been sorting out papers and found the Derann newsletter that announced the (Mountain) 6 x 400ft new print, full quote below.

"KING KONG FULL LENGTH FEATURE
6x400' B&W/Sound £149.95 + £3.00 P+P. Taken from a NEW negative, form a 35mm fine grain master - this is the best available, don't accept substitutes!!"

at the time the 4x400 ft was £54.95. As this was a loose sheet I don't know the date it was published but they had not yet started printing the number code for phone enquiries and just put Dudley 233191.

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2015 06:31 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember hiring the 6 x 400 from Bernco way back, I must have watched it at least 7-8 times that week, as it was a good print with belting sound. There is one on E-bay at the moment 3 x 600 & 1 x 400, sprocket damage on reel 2 for the first four footish as it reads, and splices and wear and tear on reel 1 for the first 6ft, they are asking £100...

Paul Suchy
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2015 07:31 AM      Profile for Paul Suchy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Suchy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to hear all these raves about the Mountain release of Kong, but the same cannot be said regarding Mountain's Citizen Kane; the image is fair and not even centered properly. The reel changes in Kane don't match up at all and a few end in mid sentence. I still watch my print once in a while (I'll take a mediocre print of Kane over a stellar print of Grease any day), but I would never run it for someone who has never seen it before.

--------------------
Paul Suchy

George Seaton
Junior

- posted May 18, 2016 12:08 PM      Profile for George Seaton   Email George Seaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 6 x 400' Mountain version was the very first 8mm feature I owned and I love it to this day. It is a beautiful print of the censored re-release before the cuts were restored on B&W stock complete with the BBFC 'H' certificate.

I also have a 100' 5 spot trailer reel which (from memory) I bought from Perry's Movies.

-

-

--------------------
George

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC