8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » The Empire Strikes Back 2X400ft Ken Films (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Empire Strikes Back 2X400ft Ken Films
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 08, 2010 03:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wade ...

Concerning the first Star Wars film, I suggest that you look over in Germany for the Marketing films digest version. It is a very different cut of the film, including nearly the whole trash compactor sequence. It is a 400ft and then (curiously) 200ft part two which equals a great 600ft reel. Sadly, it does end right after the Tie Fighter Battle and does not include the last battle, but you could easily add that from the Ken Films part 2 if so desired.

What really shines on the Marketing/german print is the color!
They printed it on either fuji, agfa (one of those two) and Kodak SP. My print is Kodak SP, unfaded and the color saturation is a real eye opener for those used to even pristine color on the Ken Films version. Very saturated on the Marketing version. I fact, the color doesn't have that 70's looking color, (somewhat bland).

I highly reccomend it!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC