8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Captain America (Scope/Stereo) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Captain America (Scope/Stereo)
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2013 03:42 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No scope Joe do you want to donate one? I have an Elmo SC-18. [Big Grin]

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2013 04:03 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one, but I have to get the adapter for it to fit my Elmo. So I must decline [Big Grin] And I get it; we both know that you cannot attach a Scope Lens to a SC-18 [Wink]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 21, 2013 06:41 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You guys need to go and order this film everybody in this forum should get a copy of this beautiful film. Then if it sales big then more films will be made in the future. HERE Are more screen shots.  -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2013 03:15 PM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks a very nice print Laksmi , what is the running time & does it work as a digest?

Any drop out noticeable in the soundtrack and is there any evidence on screen of the edits?

Thanks
Colin

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2013 05:33 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is a very nice print it is a fantastic print , the running time is 32 minutes with 2 X 600 with one the first reel up to 400 and the other 600 full filled to the capacity. And it works as having the full movie. I saw the movie over 10 times and it has all the best parts keeping the story for those who never saw it. What a great digest best I have ever seen. No
drop out noticeable in the soundtrack and no evidence on screen of the edits. It is very smooth and has a nice flow. Its perfecto! So don't wait buy it now ! Nuff Said!

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 22, 2013 06:30 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice screenshots!

Only 32 mins with almost 1000 feet? That must be some heavy stock!

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 22, 2013 08:13 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see how commendable this release is in every respect - I wasn't sure at first if it would be my cup of tea but the screenshots showing such a selection of spectacular scenes are helping to 'sell' it to me!

These German prints do seem to occupy significantly more space on spools than average acetate prints. It could be partly due to the good quality and relatively thick striping.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted March 23, 2013 04:02 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
It does look a nice print Adrian going by Laksmi's great pictures.
As for the thick stock, I think our Laksmi will soon wear it down to polyestar thickness by the amount of times he's watching it.
It seems a very good release. Well done Mr Osbourne.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted March 23, 2013 09:40 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For all the Chinon projector lovers.
My High Def Cinemascope lens to get the wider picture from the new 8mm scope release.
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2013 12:25 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for your comments. Hugh at least I will save money from going to the cinema to watch it. I saw it many times when it first came out. I have it on Blu-ray and have not watched it . Any way the film stock is strong and no scratches I can see yet wow! Hey Lee that Chinon projector High Def Cinemascope lens looks great my Elmo is blushing [Confused]  -

--------------------

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2013 08:00 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes..the stripe on my print is nice and thick...so the film doesn't wind as compactly as other prints. Very good stereo sound ....and the sound stripe also protects against scratching and cinch marks.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 25, 2013 05:18 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will most definately have to consider it if I get the funds available. Is anyone bringing a print to the BFCC so those of us across the pond can have a look? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 01, 2013 04:45 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Steve! Awesome print and a great editing job.
Sound is very good, picture is super sharp, and the colors are fantastic.
Now if we only had cover art and a clamshell...!
Seriously though this is a great print and it really is exciting to have a newer film come out. And the editing job was very well done. If you didn't see the film you could see this and still understand what was happening. Hayley Atwell looks great on Super 8 I might add. [Smile]
Get this print!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 01, 2013 09:21 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks a nice girl Alan
 -

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 04, 2013 06:07 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. She looks even better on Super 8. I think I'm in love.
Wait! This is about Captain America! Sorry....got derailed... [Smile]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 05, 2013 12:00 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Lee's pic may have boosted the orders by another 10! This thread is serving as great marketing - it has convinced me to buy one even though I've never seen the feature - and as far as I know, this release has not been reviewd on any other film collecting forums.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 05, 2013 03:04 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian.. Thats because she is all ours!!!! [Smile]
This film will be a big seller and great news for 8mm. Well done Ste O.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2013 06:08 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hayley Atwell is hot and just her alone is worth the watch in the movie. I love this digest buy it ya'll!!!  -

--------------------

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2013 12:43 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What sort of money is the digest print?

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2013 01:38 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$229. But I just got his latest film list and he said that Polyester film stock version was coming out soon and it would be a little more $.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2013 06:09 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im going to have to buy this!, Im coming to the USA next month for a holiday so I will look into buying it while im there.
Has someone thought about making some box artwork for it?, would be cool to have a nice picture/lable than can be stuck onto some white 600ft card boxes.

Oh and Hayley is my future wife! [Big Grin]

Patrick

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 09, 2013 02:38 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zechariah - it's good to hear that the polyester stock is returning, which should have the edge in terms of colour. But does the list indicate whether polyester prints will be stereo, as I believe the last time the lab were printing on polyester, the prints only had the main stripe. Perhaps that has changed, though.

[ April 09, 2013, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 09, 2013 07:12 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recieved Steve Osbournes new lists and in there he states that the new "Captian America" prints that be struck will be on polyester stock, which is thinner, (which might mean that it just might fit on one reel!), and having dealt with the german film lab and having struck our own "Saturday Morning Madness" print on both they're polyester and Acetate film stocks, the polyester (which I believe is the brand new "Kodak Vision" super 8 film stock), is definitely FAR superior in color saturation and color correctness, as well as less grain!

I am actuallt thinking about getting polyester print of this! I HATE that yellowish acetate stock, but the Kodak Vision stock is a very superior super 8 stock!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2013 01:39 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick, I can make up some box art if you give me the dimensions.

Wanna pick up a Empire Strikes Back for me while you are there ;^)

Now it would be lovely if I could get *that* on poly...

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2013 03:09 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made this box art for mine. Its a empty photo 8 by 10 box with 2 X 600 reels in it.  -

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC