8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » The Klansman. Iver 400ft version

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Klansman. Iver 400ft version
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 21, 2016 03:55 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we had a viewing of a few shorts. Among them we put on this Iver films release of The Klansman, a 400 foot colour sound abridged version which i paid £6 for many years ago.
First of all the plot,(not hard to follow),
The Klansman recounts what happens to an African American man in a small town in the South after a young white woman is sexually assaulted and beaten, (not shown in this version),
Events spiral out of control when a sniper, ( O J Simpson), shoots a Ku Klux Klan member at a funeral in revenge for an attack and murder of his friend where O Js character escaped.
I have never seen the full length movie and it is of course a subject that people in the USA and Europe get all touchy about and everyone tries to be all PC by stating this is a racist film. Well it isn't, yes it does show racism at it's worst but also show's how the Sheriff of Atoka County,(Lee Marvin), and a rich landowner,(Richard Burton), team together to stop the KKK. It is the good Guys and O J Simpson who come out on top. Pretty much one of the most aggressive films to come out on super 8 along with Taxi Driver,(also previewed), and Coffy. A hard hitting fast action paced film that is rare to find with colour like this one still has.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2016 08:06 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a beautiful print Tom!

This was a very enjoyable movie. I saw it on the television in the 80's and always thought about getting the digest. I may look for one now.

And thanks for your great reviews and pictures Tom. I appreciate the time and quality you put into it.

James.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 26, 2016 01:38 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks James, this one does come up on Phil's at CHCs list from time to time, also Barry's at Indi 8. [Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 26, 2016 11:55 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GREAT print Tom! Thanks for the review!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2016 03:58 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was one of the very first trailers I had on 8mm, along with The Human Factor starring George Kennedy.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 26, 2016 05:30 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stuart, i also have both of those to,good long trailers.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 29, 2016 09:15 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the trailer and having NEVER seen a digest, I wrongly assumed that Iver only released the trailer!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 30, 2016 03:47 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, it is weird, i had the trailer for years before i stumbled upon an old Iver catalogue, (i dont half wish i kept that one), the digest was in the booklet so i started to look out for one and one turned up on a Derann list for a tenner. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC