8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Idle Roomers

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Idle Roomers
Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2019 06:11 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Jef films release! A three stooges comedy. Made in 1943. Runs 17 minutes. A rare find! Super 8 sound. Storyline is The boys are bellhops at a hotel. Who have to take a over sized trunk and deliver it to a room. Up a big flight of steps! Not noing. That what's in side the truck is the wolfman. Who hates music! This is one of there best! Its hilarious! A must have film! Note - Jeffilms put out a good line of stooges! Most of Jeffilms titles were ones Columbia never put out! Review by Leon Norris.

|  IP: Logged

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2019 05:09 AM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting title. I looked this up on Wikipedia. The cameraman for this short, Henry Freulich in a 1984 interview said that Curly had been living the high life since his divorce in 1940, and it was beginning to show for the first time while making this film, with his reactions seeming slower and his voice deepening.
Should be an interesting view.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2019 10:17 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allan, You are right! Curly was slowing down! Really curly was a sick man. To much partying! Moe said curly had very high blood pressure and drank and smoked a lot! If he would have listen to his doctor he would have lived a longer live! But this is a must have title!

Allan Broadfield
Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2019 09:43 AM      Profile for Allan Broadfield   Author's Homepage   Email Allan Broadfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've wetted my appetite Leon, so I had to look for this title, and found a rather badly edited version on utube.
I thought the boys, Curly included, seemed to be in fine form. I don't know where they got their energy from!

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2019 12:40 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allan, Columbia put out a edited 200 ft version! Not good! Thanks to Jef films! And there other stooges releases!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC